Enjoying my new car!
By neilgphoto on
2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I've never been compelled to write a review of my car until now. It was a toss up between the Altima or the new Sonata (which I still REALLY like the styling of). However, after paying attention to the cars on the road, the Sonata's seem to be everywhere!! Sure, there are also a lot of Altima's, but I think it will stand the test of time. The engine is smooth, and the CVT transmission is just bizarre to get used to. When driving "nicely", you can actually accelerate to 60 mph without revving past 2000 rpm - almost at a constant engine speed. Around town, the computer says I'm getting 26mpg. After driving the CVT, it was weird driving our van and feeling the shifts!
Favorite Features
CVT, Quiet interior, handling, suspension (over bumps, rr x'ings etc.) back seat room, trunk space, standard radio is really quite good. I assumed all stereos came with Sirius built in, only to find that this car didn't. Was a bit bummed at first, but I did a nice portable Sirius Radio install, hiding all the wires very neatly. I'm happy - it plugs into the aux and sounds great.
Suggested Improvements
Wish it had a lumbar support. Seats are ok, I'm looking forward to seeing how my rear end feels after a 4 hour drive! I'm not optimistic, but then again, I have purchased a $23k car.