Used 2011 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Most Helpful|
2011 Altima
By bailey26

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove quite a few cars in this same class and by far the Nissan was the best choice. It's comfortable, steering and handling are tight, the fold down seats in the back are easy to use. The features that I have are all easy to access and easy to use.

Favorite Features

I love the shifting and the handling of the car. The leather is nice and the sunroof has just the right amount of tilt.

2011 Nissan 3.5SR coupe
By rng4

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We traded-in a 2008 Coupe 2.5S for this 3.5SR. Coupe. The 2008 was a great car , with great mileage, reasonable acceleration for a 4 cyl and very comfortable on trips for 2 people. The 2011 appears to share the same characteristics as the 2008, however appears to have a glossier paint job than the 2008, backup camera is standard and quality is just as good or better. 3.5 liter is quiet, smoother and quicker than the 2.5 liter. This probably as close to the infinity (M37) that I can afford.

Favorite Features

Quality of fit and finish, smoothness of transmission (CVT) and engine. The backup camera is a nice standard for this year, as it is diffcult to see out when backing out.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see Nissan offer better interior and exterior color choices. I like black exterior's but hate all black interiors. The only color choices you have is white with blond interior. That is the only negative I have on this car. In my opinion, I would to see the rear windows flow a little more to the back of the car for a sleeker style.

Perfect Mate :)
By cars_geek

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had this car for more than a month, and I did cruise till now about 2500KM, compared to its main competitors (Camry, Mazda6, Accord), it is overall having the magical formula that those 3 competitors couldn't mix perfectly. It is Stylish, high performance, comfortable, excellent cargo space, fantastic 9-speakers Bose sound, and great fuel economy. And add to all that, it has a very very good dealer here in UAE. If you are looking for a family sedan, or a stylish young car, Nissan Altima has the perfect blend.

Favorite Features

Its gentle steering wheel and the responsive CVT gear in the best part of driving it.

Suggested Improvements

I do not have a lot to recommend, but I do wish to see only slight change of the front exterior look to become more robust muscular, but still the current front shape is great. Go Ahead Nissan ---> :-)

NO problems, awesome car
By mikeanddawn

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

this is my wifes car, we got the coupe with ALL the option packages. it makes the car pretty awesome to look at and to drive. people admire it all the time. we have about 25,000 miles on it and have had not ONE issue !!!!! pretty amazing for $27,000 with FOUR option packages !

Favorite Features

the navigation system, hot red color

Smooth, quiet ride
By reedy06

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Searched for a roomy family sedan with power, good fuel economy, comfort, latest technology all while having a smooth and quiet ride. After online research, we test drove the Volvo S60 T5, Hyundai Sonata LTD, Buick Regal CXL, Acura TSX w/NAV, and the Toyota Camry XLE. Given our strict criteria, the Altima SR V6 beat the competition. The CVT engine is something that you need to drive to experience. This car is by far the quietest ride in the backseat than any of the others we drove. After 1,000 miles, we are getting 25 mpg in combined highway and local driving. The bluetooth handsfree system and iPod connectivity was the best we found amongst the cars we tested.

Favorite Features

Comfort of leather seats, NAV system is one of the best on the market, smooth engine, power from V6 is more than enough when merging into traffic, clean dashboard, Bose sound system is loud and clear, handsfree bluetooth, and iPod/iPhone connectivity

Suggested Improvements

power passenger seat is not an option and should be; with a car over $30K, you shouldn't have to pay for floor mats