Used 2011 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

One of the better cars in its class
By darthbimmer

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My company provided me this car when I was on assignment for a few months. I drove it 2500 miles. It's not the kind of car I would buy for myself (I owned a BMW M3 at the time) but it's good for what it is: It's a large compact with room for 4. It's comfortable around town and on the open road. It has reasonable looks and a decent interior. Even with the 2.5 engine it's got enough handling that a "car guy" like me won't lose his mind driving it. Friends who have young families or are empty-nesters said they might buy this car.

Compact car with room for 4 adults. Easy entry/exit. Just enough sporty nature to keep most drivers engaged. (Honda used to build cars like this until they lost their way.) Very reliable even when used hard.

The adjustments on the manual seats can be hard to get right. The fuel economy for the 4 cylinder is mediocre -- but the '13 model promises to do much better.

Better value than Honda and Toyota, Pleasantly Impressed!
By hbgmama

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in the market for a used car because I didn't think we could buy new with our budget. But we stumbled upon the Altima on sale and 0% financing. I love this car and am so happy with our purchase. The maintenance is inexpensive (previously drove a used Suburban). The car drives so nicely and gets great gas mileage. We bought the basic, basic model, but it still has A/C and power windows, which are luxuries in my opinion. The seats are microfiber-ish and after almost 2 years of owning the car, the light grey upholstery is not stained (thank you, OxyClean!) I bought plastic floor mats (a must with kids). We installed our own stereo and 4 speakers. Great job, Nissan!

Gas mileage, Price and Financing, Appearance

Put a visor extender on the visors!

super nice car
By ofcourse1

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Altima for a year now, and am 90% happy with it. The seats are pretty good, but after about 6-8 hours on the road, start to show their inadequacy. I have put over 26,000 miles in a year, and not had any issues. Very quiet, does well at high speeds, great a/c and heat, love the Bose and the keyless entry/start. Not perfect when it comes to tracking a straight line at high speed. Needs micro-corrections frequently, and the computer screen should have been recessed into the dash to avoid glare from the sun when the backup camera is in use. Would definitely buy another one.

Love the Bose stereo, tilt and telescope wheel, the backup camera, XM satellite radio, automatic climate control works well. Good bright headlights, nicely designed trunk space. Comfy back seat. Love the keyless entry, keyless start, great gas mileage with large tank for impressive range. Fit and finish of vehicle is superb, and paint job is excellent. Love the streaming bluetooth. The CVT is awesome. Don't know if I could go back to a transmission that shifts, and it works well in Mountain driving, too. All in all, very good car. Very satisfied customer. Also love the styling.

Engineer an undercarriage that will track a straight line at high speeds like my old 66 Chrysler 300 did. Make the seats a little more comfortable for long trips. Put the computer screen in a little cove where it is shaded from the glare of the sun. Otherwise, Nissan did a great job on this car. Very little to criticize. Should make remote start standard equipment.

Awesome car
By jrallen

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow this car is great. I got the 3.5SR becuase I like a car that has some get up and go. I was suprised at the power of this car. My past 2 cars were a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T and a 2006 BMW 325xi and this thing has them beat. The technology in this car is awesome too. I got all the packages available and they are worth the money. I have had the car for 8 months now and 14,500mi and haven't had a problem except for the home link which was fixed fast.

Power, Room, 9.3GB HDD, Bluetooth Phone and Audio, iPod connect, DVD, Back up camara, Leather, heated seats, HID lights, Mostly everything about this car.

None that I can think of.

Better than my Lexus 300
By realleah

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sporty new Altima 2.5 SL, with heated seats, sunroof and xm radio and it's getting 27.5 MPG in the city! That's more than the sticker said! I have bought a lot of cars and dealt with a lot of car dealers. Buying a car should be fun and enjoyable! It really was this time, thanks to Ben Coates and his team at Go Nissan Southwest. Whenever I'm ready for a new car, I'll be back.

XM Radio Heated, leather seats 27.5 MPG in the city Sunroof Sporty Lots of storage Roomy back seat Smooth ride

Adjustable headrest