2011 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Smooth, quiet ride
By reedy06 on 07/14/11 12:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Searched for a roomy family sedan with power, good fuel economy, comfort, latest technology all while having a smooth and quiet ride. After online research, we test drove the Volvo S60 T5, Hyundai Sonata LTD, Buick Regal CXL, Acura TSX w/NAV, and the Toyota Camry XLE. Given our strict criteria, the Altima SR V6 beat the competition. The CVT engine is something that you need to drive to experience. This car is by far the quietest ride in the backseat than any of the others we drove. After 1,000 miles, we are getting 25 mpg in combined highway and local driving. The bluetooth handsfree system and iPod connectivity was the best we found amongst the cars we tested.

Perfect Mate :)
By cars_geek on 06/12/11 09:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had this car for more than a month, and I did cruise till now about 2500KM, compared to its main competitors (Camry, Mazda6, Accord), it is overall having the magical formula that those 3 competitors couldn't mix perfectly. It is Stylish, high performance, comfortable, excellent cargo space, fantastic 9-speakers Bose sound, and great fuel economy. And add to all that, it has a very very good dealer here in UAE. If you are looking for a family sedan, or a stylish young car, Nissan Altima has the perfect blend.

Still loving my car!
By lilmiss34 on 06/02/11 19:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have now had my 2011 Altima SL w/ convenience plus package and Bose system for just over 5 months and 5200 miles and am still very happy with it! I am averaging about 29-30MPG total (I still ride highway about 65% of the time) between highway and city. People still compliment me all the time on the quality of the sound system. Handles well (even in sudden flooding rain), ride is smooth and comfortable.

A lot of value for the money
By jwh204 on 05/29/11 20:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at the Accord, Camry, Sonata but ended up picking this sedan. The combination of style, performance and fuel economy are hard to beat. I agree with other reviewers that style will age better in time. I had to get used to the CVT but the 4 cylinder has a lot of power and the vehicle rides and drives very well. I haven't found anything that I don't like about the car yet - I was driving a '00 Pathfinder and was getting horrible gas mileage - not so with the Altima. I got the convenience package which is very helpful with the power seat and leather wrapped wheel. Overall, for the money, I think this is a solid car and you can't go wrong.

2011 Altima w/ SL package
By altimaowner6 on 04/30/11 12:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a 4-cyl. 2011 Altima with the SL package and the Bose premium sound package w/ backup camera. I love this car and I am very happy with my decision after putting about 500 miles on it. I was on the fence between the Sonata and the Altima for a while, but ultimately decided I liked the styling and smooth ride of the Altima better. A small part of me wishes I went with the V6 but it was signifiantly more money and I wouldn't be averaging 26 miles per gallon as I am with the 4 cylinder. The 4-cyl. offers plenty of power 95% of the time. I recommend the SL package and Bose system which produces outstanding sound quality, and I would also add a spoiler.

Enjoying my new car!
By neilgphoto on 04/25/11 12:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've never been compelled to write a review of my car until now. It was a toss up between the Altima or the new Sonata (which I still REALLY like the styling of). However, after paying attention to the cars on the road, the Sonata's seem to be everywhere!! Sure, there are also a lot of Altima's, but I think it will stand the test of time. The engine is smooth, and the CVT transmission is just bizarre to get used to. When driving "nicely", you can actually accelerate to 60 mph without revving past 2000 rpm - almost at a constant engine speed. Around town, the computer says I'm getting 26mpg. After driving the CVT, it was weird driving our van and feeling the shifts!

Proud Owner
By hakkincac on 04/23/11 22:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my new 2011 Nissan 2.5s Sedan. The only thing I'm upset about is the engine makes somewhat of an ugly noise, however, it goes away once the CTV engine 'warms up'. I don't get 23 MPG, I get about 20 city, still haven't put it on a highway yet. Having said that, it really is a clean looking, nice car for the money. More importantly, I think the look will last, while other models will look odd in years to come, like the Sonata. I did test drive other cars, including Camry and Accord. Neither of them were as nice to drive as the Altima. Furthermore, neither had the handling and 'sporty' look and feel of the Altima. All in all, the Altima is a great choice and a good car.

I am in love!!
By mrsrrn21 on 02/26/11 18:31 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased the Nissan Altima 2.5 S. This was the first time I purchased a new vehicle and I did my research and test drove many cars. I drove the Camry, Optima, Cruze, Mazda 3, Fusion, etc, but I knew when I sat in the Altima that it was made for me. This car out did the competition in style, performance, and the fact that it was just fun to drive. The CVT is smooth and I barely notice when the car is shifting gears. The features are stylish and I love the intelligent key technology. The inside is sleek and classy. There is plenty of leg room in the back! So far, I am avg. 25 MPG city, stop and go driving, which is great! Im in love! Will do another review later in the year.

2011 Nissan 3.5SR coupe
By rng4 on 02/15/11 11:42 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We traded-in a 2008 Coupe 2.5S for this 3.5SR. Coupe. The 2008 was a great car , with great mileage, reasonable acceleration for a 4 cyl and very comfortable on trips for 2 people. The 2011 appears to share the same characteristics as the 2008, however appears to have a glossier paint job than the 2008, backup camera is standard and quality is just as good or better. 3.5 liter is quiet, smoother and quicker than the 2.5 liter. This probably as close to the infinity (M37) that I can afford.

So far loving my car...
By lilmiss34 on 02/09/11 22:50 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for just over a month and have over 1300 miles on it and thus far have had no issues. I drive highway about 60% of the time and between highway and city I am averaging about 26-30MPG. Came from a V-6 Honda Accord Coupe which took some getting used to with the change in HP, but this Altima has got some good power to it for a 4-cyl. If you can do it, get the Bose sound system, difference between that and the standard radio is very noticeable. The rear camera is very helpful too. Only tire noise I have noticed is on older highways, not an issue with the radio on low. Also, check your ins company for GAP coverage, it is hugely cheaper than the one the dealership offers!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$142 per month*