Used 2011 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Put about 50k miles with no problems
By Emily McDonald

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Altima, which I purchased after my 2002 Altima starting costing me more money with repairs at ~130,000 miles. I bought it from a dealer with 32k miles on it, and it had previously been a rental car. I've got about 85,000 miles on it and have owned it for 3 1/2 years. It's required ONLY routine maintenance - changed the oil regularly, new brakes, new tires, etc.

I love how roomy it is, the trunk is huge and plenty of space for driver and passengers. It handles well in the snow and rain. I drove it in upstate NY for a couple years with all-season tires and never got stuck. I've taken it on a few long road trips, and the seats can be a little uncomfortable after awhile (but what car isn't a little uncomfortable after 8+ hours!).

I'm planning to keep this car for a few more years and then maybe move on to my 3rd Altima.

Great value and performance
By Ben

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Altima 2.5S Special Edition three and a half years ago with 12K miles on it. The vehicle now has just over 60K miles, and has been a great value. The only repairs to the vehicle are the issues with the exhaust welds and heat shield (common issues on 07-12 Altima's), but that was covered under warranty ($900ish otherwise). The car handles very well and is downright fun to drive! Great acceleration even for a 4 cylinder thanks to the CVT transmission. Average between 27-28 MPG mixed driving. The front seats aren't terribly uncomfortable, but aren't anything fantastic either. The sound system is quite good for a stock system. I replaced the stock head unit with a touchscreen Pioneer with Bluetooth and it's a fantastic combo. Just had the 60K service completed, here's to another 60K miles!

Comfortable, Reliable, Roomy Sedan
By Patrick McClatchey

Nisaan Altima 2011
By Liladhar Talele

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Want to hate it... but just can't...
By JWestie85

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Ok... Here's the deal... The only way to go with an Altima is the 3.5 V6. After reliability and quality issues with our 03 3.5 SE, I swore, never again for Nissan. The 03 was quick and also luxurious, but simultaneously felt like it could just explode at any minute. Example: We spent $1,700 on electrical issues (straw that broke the camel's back) "NEVER AGAIN!" I shouted. Until.... My wife started wanting another one. "Here we go" I thought. Surprisingly though, the 2011 consumer reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Did Nissan really up their game? We took a chance and bought high mileage, but seemingly well kept one. (High mileage, as in 148,000). I've got to say, it's been a great car. Styling is not my favorite as Mr. Magoo could even tell that it's going to date fairly quickly with all of it's Transfomer's body lines, however, premium wheels seem to help aesthetics tremendously. Bottom line, I set out desiring to utterly despise this car, but it's just not possible. After 2 years of ownership, all we've had done is brakes, oil changes and a new set of tires. Nissan has proven to me that automakers can change.