Used 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2011 Altima
By bailey26

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove quite a few cars in this same class and by far the Nissan was the best choice. It's comfortable, steering and handling are tight, the fold down seats in the back are easy to use. The features that I have are all easy to access and easy to use.

Favorite Features

I love the shifting and the handling of the car. The leather is nice and the sunroof has just the right amount of tilt.

One of the better cars in its class
By darthbimmer

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My company provided me this car when I was on assignment for a few months. I drove it 2500 miles. It's not the kind of car I would buy for myself (I owned a BMW M3 at the time) but it's good for what it is: It's a large compact with room for 4. It's comfortable around town and on the open road. It has reasonable looks and a decent interior. Even with the 2.5 engine it's got enough handling that a "car guy" like me won't lose his mind driving it. Friends who have young families or are empty-nesters said they might buy this car.

Favorite Features

Compact car with room for 4 adults. Easy entry/exit. Just enough sporty nature to keep most drivers engaged. (Honda used to build cars like this until they lost their way.) Very reliable even when used hard.

Suggested Improvements

The adjustments on the manual seats can be hard to get right. The fuel economy for the 4 cylinder is mediocre -- but the '13 model promises to do much better.

super nice car
By ofcourse1

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Altima for a year now, and am 90% happy with it. The seats are pretty good, but after about 6-8 hours on the road, start to show their inadequacy. I have put over 26,000 miles in a year, and not had any issues. Very quiet, does well at high speeds, great a/c and heat, love the Bose and the keyless entry/start. Not perfect when it comes to tracking a straight line at high speed. Needs micro-corrections frequently, and the computer screen should have been recessed into the dash to avoid glare from the sun when the backup camera is in use. Would definitely buy another one.

Favorite Features

Love the Bose stereo, tilt and telescope wheel, the backup camera, XM satellite radio, automatic climate control works well. Good bright headlights, nicely designed trunk space. Comfy back seat. Love the keyless entry, keyless start, great gas mileage with large tank for impressive range. Fit and finish of vehicle is superb, and paint job is excellent. Love the streaming bluetooth. The CVT is awesome. Don't know if I could go back to a transmission that shifts, and it works well in Mountain driving, too. All in all, very good car. Very satisfied customer. Also love the styling.

Suggested Improvements

Engineer an undercarriage that will track a straight line at high speeds like my old 66 Chrysler 300 did. Make the seats a little more comfortable for long trips. Put the computer screen in a little cove where it is shaded from the glare of the sun. Otherwise, Nissan did a great job on this car. Very little to criticize. Should make remote start standard equipment.

Better than my Lexus 300
By realleah

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sporty new Altima 2.5 SL, with heated seats, sunroof and xm radio and it's getting 27.5 MPG in the city! That's more than the sticker said! I have bought a lot of cars and dealt with a lot of car dealers. Buying a car should be fun and enjoyable! It really was this time, thanks to Ben Coates and his team at Go Nissan Southwest. Whenever I'm ready for a new car, I'll be back.

Favorite Features

XM Radio Heated, leather seats 27.5 MPG in the city Sunroof Sporty Lots of storage Roomy back seat Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable headrest

Perfect Mate :)
By cars_geek

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had this car for more than a month, and I did cruise till now about 2500KM, compared to its main competitors (Camry, Mazda6, Accord), it is overall having the magical formula that those 3 competitors couldn't mix perfectly. It is Stylish, high performance, comfortable, excellent cargo space, fantastic 9-speakers Bose sound, and great fuel economy. And add to all that, it has a very very good dealer here in UAE. If you are looking for a family sedan, or a stylish young car, Nissan Altima has the perfect blend.

Favorite Features

Its gentle steering wheel and the responsive CVT gear in the best part of driving it.

Suggested Improvements

I do not have a lot to recommend, but I do wish to see only slight change of the front exterior look to become more robust muscular, but still the current front shape is great. Go Ahead Nissan ---> :-)