2011 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Get out of my way with the 3.5SR
By az66bug on 08/05/13 09:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this brand new and always get a new car every 3 years - I can say this one we are keeping longer. Love this car, especially over the re-designed model that looks like a Camry. I was completely sold on the Acura TL but wasn't 100% happy with the bold body style change so decided to check out the Altima after I drove in my buddy's 2010 3.5SR. This car saved me thousands compared to the Acura and besides the savings I love this powerful rocket. Have had it 3 years now and not in the least bit sick of it, will continue to enjoy my Altima for years to come (I hope).

Best Altima yet and I should know, this is my 4th one!
By nissanfan65 on 12/26/12 12:28 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Altima since 2005. I came to the Altima after my first Nissan, which I also loved, a 2002 Maxima GLE. I had no intention of getting an Altima until the dealer let me drive one while my Maxima was being serviced. When I returned the next day to pick up my car, I started getting that "itch" to trade and that started my love affair with the Altima. I've only bought the top of the line V-6 models and have always found them to be as luxurious as the Maxima with better fuel economy. I am constantly getting comments about how nice the car looks and I love the performance. People in Mustangs and Camaro's are surprised when all they can see is the back of my car!!!

2011 Altima
By bailey26 on 09/05/12 11:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove quite a few cars in this same class and by far the Nissan was the best choice. It's comfortable, steering and handling are tight, the fold down seats in the back are easy to use. The features that I have are all easy to access and easy to use.

One of the better cars in its class
By darthbimmer on 08/25/12 08:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My company provided me this car when I was on assignment for a few months. I drove it 2500 miles. It's not the kind of car I would buy for myself (I owned a BMW M3 at the time) but it's good for what it is: It's a large compact with room for 4. It's comfortable around town and on the open road. It has reasonable looks and a decent interior. Even with the 2.5 engine it's got enough handling that a "car guy" like me won't lose his mind driving it. Friends who have young families or are empty-nesters said they might buy this car.

Better value than Honda and Toyota, Pleasantly Impressed!
By hbgmama on 08/08/12 22:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in the market for a used car because I didn't think we could buy new with our budget. But we stumbled upon the Altima on sale and 0% financing. I love this car and am so happy with our purchase. The maintenance is inexpensive (previously drove a used Suburban). The car drives so nicely and gets great gas mileage. We bought the basic, basic model, but it still has A/C and power windows, which are luxuries in my opinion. The seats are microfiber-ish and after almost 2 years of owning the car, the light grey upholstery is not stained (thank you, OxyClean!) I bought plastic floor mats (a must with kids). We installed our own stereo and 4 speakers. Great job, Nissan!

super nice car
By ofcourse1 on 04/06/12 22:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Altima for a year now, and am 90% happy with it. The seats are pretty good, but after about 6-8 hours on the road, start to show their inadequacy. I have put over 26,000 miles in a year, and not had any issues. Very quiet, does well at high speeds, great a/c and heat, love the Bose and the keyless entry/start. Not perfect when it comes to tracking a straight line at high speed. Needs micro-corrections frequently, and the computer screen should have been recessed into the dash to avoid glare from the sun when the backup camera is in use. Would definitely buy another one.

Awesome car
By jrallen on 01/25/12 09:56 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wow this car is great. I got the 3.5SR becuase I like a car that has some get up and go. I was suprised at the power of this car. My past 2 cars were a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T and a 2006 BMW 325xi and this thing has them beat. The technology in this car is awesome too. I got all the packages available and they are worth the money. I have had the car for 8 months now and 14,500mi and haven't had a problem except for the home link which was fixed fast.

Better than my Lexus 300
By realleah on 11/28/11 15:21 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sporty new Altima 2.5 SL, with heated seats, sunroof and xm radio and it's getting 27.5 MPG in the city! That's more than the sticker said! I have bought a lot of cars and dealt with a lot of car dealers. Buying a car should be fun and enjoyable! It really was this time, thanks to Ben Coates and his team at Go Nissan Southwest. Whenever I'm ready for a new car, I'll be back.

Smooth, quiet ride
By reedy06 on 07/14/11 12:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Searched for a roomy family sedan with power, good fuel economy, comfort, latest technology all while having a smooth and quiet ride. After online research, we test drove the Volvo S60 T5, Hyundai Sonata LTD, Buick Regal CXL, Acura TSX w/NAV, and the Toyota Camry XLE. Given our strict criteria, the Altima SR V6 beat the competition. The CVT engine is something that you need to drive to experience. This car is by far the quietest ride in the backseat than any of the others we drove. After 1,000 miles, we are getting 25 mpg in combined highway and local driving. The bluetooth handsfree system and iPod connectivity was the best we found amongst the cars we tested.

Perfect Mate :)
By cars_geek on 06/12/11 09:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had this car for more than a month, and I did cruise till now about 2500KM, compared to its main competitors (Camry, Mazda6, Accord), it is overall having the magical formula that those 3 competitors couldn't mix perfectly. It is Stylish, high performance, comfortable, excellent cargo space, fantastic 9-speakers Bose sound, and great fuel economy. And add to all that, it has a very very good dealer here in UAE. If you are looking for a family sedan, or a stylish young car, Nissan Altima has the perfect blend.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$142 per month*