Used 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Put about 50k miles with no problems
By Emily McDonald

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Altima, which I purchased after my 2002 Altima starting costing me more money with repairs at ~130,000 miles. I bought it from a dealer with 32k miles on it, and it had previously been a rental car. I've got about 85,000 miles on it and have owned it for 3 1/2 years. It's required ONLY routine maintenance - changed the oil regularly, new brakes, new tires, etc.

I love how roomy it is, the trunk is huge and plenty of space for driver and passengers. It handles well in the snow and rain. I drove it in upstate NY for a couple years with all-season tires and never got stuck. I've taken it on a few long road trips, and the seats can be a little uncomfortable after awhile (but what car isn't a little uncomfortable after 8+ hours!).

I'm planning to keep this car for a few more years and then maybe move on to my 3rd Altima.

Great value and performance
By Ben

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my 2011 Altima 2.5S Special Edition three and a half years ago with 12K miles on it. The vehicle now has just over 60K miles, and has been a great value. The only repairs to the vehicle are the issues with the exhaust welds and heat shield (common issues on 07-12 Altima's), but that was covered under warranty ($900ish otherwise). The car handles very well and is downright fun to drive! Great acceleration even for a 4 cylinder thanks to the CVT transmission. Average between 27-28 MPG mixed driving. The front seats aren't terribly uncomfortable, but aren't anything fantastic either. The sound system is quite good for a stock system. I replaced the stock head unit with a touchscreen Pioneer with Bluetooth and it's a fantastic combo. Just had the 60K service completed, here's to another 60K miles!

Comfortable, Reliable, Roomy Sedan
By Patrick McClatchey

2011 Altima
By bailey26

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove quite a few cars in this same class and by far the Nissan was the best choice. It's comfortable, steering and handling are tight, the fold down seats in the back are easy to use. The features that I have are all easy to access and easy to use.

I love the shifting and the handling of the car. The leather is nice and the sunroof has just the right amount of tilt.

One of the better cars in its class
By darthbimmer

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My company provided me this car when I was on assignment for a few months. I drove it 2500 miles. It's not the kind of car I would buy for myself (I owned a BMW M3 at the time) but it's good for what it is: It's a large compact with room for 4. It's comfortable around town and on the open road. It has reasonable looks and a decent interior. Even with the 2.5 engine it's got enough handling that a "car guy" like me won't lose his mind driving it. Friends who have young families or are empty-nesters said they might buy this car.

Compact car with room for 4 adults. Easy entry/exit. Just enough sporty nature to keep most drivers engaged. (Honda used to build cars like this until they lost their way.) Very reliable even when used hard.

The adjustments on the manual seats can be hard to get right. The fuel economy for the 4 cylinder is mediocre -- but the '13 model promises to do much better.