2011 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
2011 Altima
By bailey26 on 09/05/12 11:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove quite a few cars in this same class and by far the Nissan was the best choice. It's comfortable, steering and handling are tight, the fold down seats in the back are easy to use. The features that I have are all easy to access and easy to use.

One of the better cars in its class
By darthbimmer on 08/25/12 08:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My company provided me this car when I was on assignment for a few months. I drove it 2500 miles. It's not the kind of car I would buy for myself (I owned a BMW M3 at the time) but it's good for what it is: It's a large compact with room for 4. It's comfortable around town and on the open road. It has reasonable looks and a decent interior. Even with the 2.5 engine it's got enough handling that a "car guy" like me won't lose his mind driving it. Friends who have young families or are empty-nesters said they might buy this car.

super nice car
By ofcourse1 on 04/06/12 22:55 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Altima for a year now, and am 90% happy with it. The seats are pretty good, but after about 6-8 hours on the road, start to show their inadequacy. I have put over 26,000 miles in a year, and not had any issues. Very quiet, does well at high speeds, great a/c and heat, love the Bose and the keyless entry/start. Not perfect when it comes to tracking a straight line at high speed. Needs micro-corrections frequently, and the computer screen should have been recessed into the dash to avoid glare from the sun when the backup camera is in use. Would definitely buy another one.

Better than my Lexus 300
By realleah on 11/28/11 15:21 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sporty new Altima 2.5 SL, with heated seats, sunroof and xm radio and it's getting 27.5 MPG in the city! That's more than the sticker said! I have bought a lot of cars and dealt with a lot of car dealers. Buying a car should be fun and enjoyable! It really was this time, thanks to Ben Coates and his team at Go Nissan Southwest. Whenever I'm ready for a new car, I'll be back.

Perfect Mate :)
By cars_geek on 06/12/11 09:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had this car for more than a month, and I did cruise till now about 2500KM, compared to its main competitors (Camry, Mazda6, Accord), it is overall having the magical formula that those 3 competitors couldn't mix perfectly. It is Stylish, high performance, comfortable, excellent cargo space, fantastic 9-speakers Bose sound, and great fuel economy. And add to all that, it has a very very good dealer here in UAE. If you are looking for a family sedan, or a stylish young car, Nissan Altima has the perfect blend.

Still loving my car!
By lilmiss34 on 06/02/11 19:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have now had my 2011 Altima SL w/ convenience plus package and Bose system for just over 5 months and 5200 miles and am still very happy with it! I am averaging about 29-30MPG total (I still ride highway about 65% of the time) between highway and city. People still compliment me all the time on the quality of the sound system. Handles well (even in sudden flooding rain), ride is smooth and comfortable.

A lot of value for the money
By jwh204 on 05/29/11 20:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at the Accord, Camry, Sonata but ended up picking this sedan. The combination of style, performance and fuel economy are hard to beat. I agree with other reviewers that style will age better in time. I had to get used to the CVT but the 4 cylinder has a lot of power and the vehicle rides and drives very well. I haven't found anything that I don't like about the car yet - I was driving a '00 Pathfinder and was getting horrible gas mileage - not so with the Altima. I got the convenience package which is very helpful with the power seat and leather wrapped wheel. Overall, for the money, I think this is a solid car and you can't go wrong.

2011 Altima w/ SL package
By altimaowner6 on 04/30/11 12:32 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased a 4-cyl. 2011 Altima with the SL package and the Bose premium sound package w/ backup camera. I love this car and I am very happy with my decision after putting about 500 miles on it. I was on the fence between the Sonata and the Altima for a while, but ultimately decided I liked the styling and smooth ride of the Altima better. A small part of me wishes I went with the V6 but it was signifiantly more money and I wouldn't be averaging 26 miles per gallon as I am with the 4 cylinder. The 4-cyl. offers plenty of power 95% of the time. I recommend the SL package and Bose system which produces outstanding sound quality, and I would also add a spoiler.

Enjoying my new car!
By neilgphoto on 04/25/11 12:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've never been compelled to write a review of my car until now. It was a toss up between the Altima or the new Sonata (which I still REALLY like the styling of). However, after paying attention to the cars on the road, the Sonata's seem to be everywhere!! Sure, there are also a lot of Altima's, but I think it will stand the test of time. The engine is smooth, and the CVT transmission is just bizarre to get used to. When driving "nicely", you can actually accelerate to 60 mph without revving past 2000 rpm - almost at a constant engine speed. Around town, the computer says I'm getting 26mpg. After driving the CVT, it was weird driving our van and feeling the shifts!

Proud Owner
By hakkincac on 04/23/11 22:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I love my new 2011 Nissan 2.5s Sedan. The only thing I'm upset about is the engine makes somewhat of an ugly noise, however, it goes away once the CTV engine 'warms up'. I don't get 23 MPG, I get about 20 city, still haven't put it on a highway yet. Having said that, it really is a clean looking, nice car for the money. More importantly, I think the look will last, while other models will look odd in years to come, like the Sonata. I did test drive other cars, including Camry and Accord. Neither of them were as nice to drive as the Altima. Furthermore, neither had the handling and 'sporty' look and feel of the Altima. All in all, the Altima is a great choice and a good car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$144 per month*