Used 2011 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Get out of my way with the 3.5SR
By az66bug

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this brand new and always get a new car every 3 years - I can say this one we are keeping longer. Love this car, especially over the re-designed model that looks like a Camry. I was completely sold on the Acura TL but wasn't 100% happy with the bold body style change so decided to check out the Altima after I drove in my buddy's 2010 3.5SR. This car saved me thousands compared to the Acura and besides the savings I love this powerful rocket. Have had it 3 years now and not in the least bit sick of it, will continue to enjoy my Altima for years to come (I hope).

Favorite Features

Upgraded BOSE stereo system (technology package), leather seats, sunroof, body styling

Suggested Improvements

Programable driver seats (I really can't believe this was not an option); back seat head room

NO problems, awesome car
By mikeanddawn

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

this is my wifes car, we got the coupe with ALL the option packages. it makes the car pretty awesome to look at and to drive. people admire it all the time. we have about 25,000 miles on it and have had not ONE issue !!!!! pretty amazing for $27,000 with FOUR option packages !

Favorite Features

the navigation system, hot red color

Best Altima yet and I should know, this is my 4th one!
By nissanfan65

2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my 4th Altima since 2005. I came to the Altima after my first Nissan, which I also loved, a 2002 Maxima GLE. I had no intention of getting an Altima until the dealer let me drive one while my Maxima was being serviced. When I returned the next day to pick up my car, I started getting that "itch" to trade and that started my love affair with the Altima. I've only bought the top of the line V-6 models and have always found them to be as luxurious as the Maxima with better fuel economy. I am constantly getting comments about how nice the car looks and I love the performance. People in Mustangs and Camaro's are surprised when all they can see is the back of my car!!!

Favorite Features

Performance, build quality, fuel economy, technological features, safety features, handling, quality of interior materials, styling, quietness of the ride, Bose sound system.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of. Every one I've had has been better than the prior one which has amazed me.

2011 Altima
By bailey26

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove quite a few cars in this same class and by far the Nissan was the best choice. It's comfortable, steering and handling are tight, the fold down seats in the back are easy to use. The features that I have are all easy to access and easy to use.

Favorite Features

I love the shifting and the handling of the car. The leather is nice and the sunroof has just the right amount of tilt.

One of the better cars in its class
By darthbimmer

2011 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My company provided me this car when I was on assignment for a few months. I drove it 2500 miles. It's not the kind of car I would buy for myself (I owned a BMW M3 at the time) but it's good for what it is: It's a large compact with room for 4. It's comfortable around town and on the open road. It has reasonable looks and a decent interior. Even with the 2.5 engine it's got enough handling that a "car guy" like me won't lose his mind driving it. Friends who have young families or are empty-nesters said they might buy this car.

Favorite Features

Compact car with room for 4 adults. Easy entry/exit. Just enough sporty nature to keep most drivers engaged. (Honda used to build cars like this until they lost their way.) Very reliable even when used hard.

Suggested Improvements

The adjustments on the manual seats can be hard to get right. The fuel economy for the 4 cylinder is mediocre -- but the '13 model promises to do much better.