2010 Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 CVT Automatic Consumer Review - The Altima Perfected

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

The Altima Perfected
By John on

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in my 07 SE for this one to get into a lease (I don't put many miles on the car). The 07 was nice, however the suspension was almost jittery and could get unsorted easily over several bumps. I got everything on this one, including NAV. This is the Altima perfected. The suspension is perfectly balanced between comfort and response, the 3.5 engine is one of the best and I love how smooth the CVT is - no gear hunting when passing, just power. The new grille/hood/headlight clusters look great against the super black finish. The Tech package turns the car into a mobile computer, with ipod, bluetooth, XM radio and traffic/weather, NAV, and the Bose system sounds great.

Favorite Features

iPod integration - looks just like the iPod menus and will display album/track info and even album art! Backup camera is great and a surprise on this level of sedan. NAV features are comprehensive. Great styling, handling, and acceleration. Better seats and fit and finish than the 07.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is that at some angles the NAV screen glares considerably. Short of changing the angle of the entire dash there isn't much that can be done to prevent it, and while the anti-glare coating keeps it from being blinding, it also becomes nearly unreadable at certain times of day.