Nice for the price.
By value_driven on
2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I bought my Altima new, 13 months & 6200 miles ago. I have not taken it to the dealer for anything but 2 oil changes. This is the first car or truck that I have owned that had no defects! I car shopped for 3 years[2007-2010]. During that time period I drove Accords, Camrys, and Sonatas. I almost bought a 2011 Sonata. My Altima was exactly as I wanted; color, options, price. I got a big discount, $0 down, and 0% financing for 60 months! The V-6 is nice! The controls are easy to use. The speedo and tach are easy to read and nicely illuminated. I enjoy driving it. I would drive it more but my main ride is a 1993 T-100 that I bought new and now has 200,000 miles. I like my Altima a lot!
Favorite Features
Smooth, powerful,[270 horsepower], V-6. Quiet on the inside, especially on the interstate. The controls are easy to see and use. The 3.5SR is nicely equipped on the base model. The brakes are outstanding. There is a lot that I like. While there are a few things I don't like, nothing that for me would have been a dealbreaker!
Suggested Improvements
Tied for number one, the cvt and the base stereo. The cvt takes some getting used to. I like a normal automatic better. The cvt comes with a 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty though. The base stereo is weak. So weak that I am considering replacing it with an aftermarket unit. I did not listen to the factory BOSE stereo that is the only factory installed upgrade. You may find the mpg on the low side. I have averaged 24 mpg exactly since I have owned it. That is with 60% highway, 40% city driving. If gas mileage is most important to you, get a 4 cylinder. Six cylinder Altimas are hard to find that are not loaded with option packages.
By accentrob
on 04/24/14 10:04 AM (PDT)

Hi folks. Just to let you know my experience. My 2010 Altima is now closing in on 4 years of age. I do a lot of driving and my car is 200 miles short of 100,000. I have had no problems or issues with this car. Just normal maintanance. Go 44k out of original set of tires and 60k on second. will get new tires now. I love the ride and that noise the engine makes when you excellerate.