Bad Engine and a lot of issues
By disappointed56 on
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
End of July 2010 bought car with 32000 miles on it. 1st week of November car went into shop, 39000 miles now, my mechanic said top of the motor was bad & needs to be torn down to see what was wrong. Was under warranty so I took it to the dealer. The dealer started the car listened to it for 5 min & then told me the engine had oil sludge. Told them no way it had sludge. I called nissan consumer affairs. They paid for my rental & repairs. took the engine apart-no sludge-engine was bad. I needed a new longblock engine for the car. The new engine they ordered was cracked so they ordered another one. Bottom line it took 3 wks to get my car back. Hope this engine last longer then the last one.
Favorite Features
I bought my car used at the end of July 2010 with 32000 miles on it. I bought this car because I have heard nothing but good things about the altima. I fell in love with this car and was very happy with it at first. I even averaged between 34 and 42 mpg driving on the highway. However, After having to replace the longblock engine, issues with the message center, power windows don't want to work I don't like my car and will be getting rid of it before the after market warranty expires. I would trade it off now but I owe to much. I miss my Hyundai suv it may have cost me at the pump but it was better then lemon.
Suggested Improvements
Nissan needs to tell the dealers not to try and rip off the customers. I did not fall for it but others might have. Also, was confirmed my original engine came from the plant out of Mexico and was told by a Nissan tech at another location that 2 out of 5 of the engines that came from Mexico are bad on the 2010's. Also, the power windows should not go out, trans is loud and shifts hard, and the message center has issues. There is no reason this car should have this many issues at 40000 miles.