2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Dream Car.... or is it?

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Dream Car.... or is it?
By radowns05 on

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I was 16 I was forced to buy the ugliest car there ever could be. A 1997 Nissan Sentra which turned out to be the best car on Earth. Owning this car made my dream car a Nissan Altima. I figured if the Sentra was that good the Altima had to be even better. In 2012 I bought a 2010 Nissan Altima S. Over all it has been an "ok" car. I expected more, I guess. If you like the smell of rotten eggs and Nissan telling you that it is a "normal" smell when you accelerate; it is the way it cleans itself out, then this is the car for you! I feel that a car this new, and costs this much wouldn't smell everytime you accelerate to pass someone.

My favorite features would have to be the body, color, my all over dream car; appearance wise. This car does handle well.

Make the transmission fluid check-able by normal everyday people and not certified techinicans/mechanics. I like having a car that I can check all of the fluids in. The rotten egg smell that is apparently "normal" when accelerating. Please, stop making everything "factory parts only". Thanks!