Not recommended
By mackyd on
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I've been living with my Altima 2.5 Sedan for over a year now and I will never have another. I can only describe it as a car for people who don't like driving. Dangerously underpowered, the most uncomfortable front seats I've ever encountered in a modern vehicle, many rattles and squeaks from the interior and exterior, very prone to understeer due to the poor weight distribution, I find the CVT annoying, the - augmented by limited windshield wiper coverage - blind spot at the driver's A pillar is terrible. The trunk hinges are the invasive kind which is unacceptable to me. There is no mechanical key hole for the trunk. I have many more complaints about it but no room to include them all.
Favorite Features
I do like the keyless ignition/ door locks. Although the engine is inadequate and the CVT annoying, the fuel mileage is very good.
Suggested Improvements
This car seems like it was thrown together from a Nissan spare parts bin. I owned a first generation Altima which I loved and still miss. In my opinion, it was a much more fun and solid car. My only suggestion would to rethink this whole vehicle. Scrap this design and start over again. I've had many new vehicles over the years and still cannot believe how poor this vehicle is as compared to other great vehicles in the Nissan stables. Reminds me of a 90's era Ford Taurus.
By jo1989
on 03/29/12 08:45 AM (PDT)

Really? Wow! I have to disagree with all you said! I used to drive a high end Chrysler 300 with a 5.7 liter V8. Decided to buy an altima due to gas prices! For the price and the engine size the altima is magnificent! I get great acceleration! No rattles even though I have two 12 Inch Sub-woofers that make all the car vibrate. I have approximately 30,000 miles on the car and the tires still look like new! these cars are built excellently! The CVT makes you car so much better when driving! The windshield wiper? I'm surprised! I actually think it is amazing on this car! It has excellent coverage! I find it odd what you think about this car! I have had many different cars. From mustangs to chrysler 300 to Mercedes 300 to a Lincoln sedan! And for the price, I believe the altima is the best! I driven accords and camrys but nothing beats the beauty of driving an altima!

By jona57
on 01/28/14 15:56 PM (PST)

Altima 4 cyl is found among the quickest & best handling by most every comparison review, inc Edmunds, Consumer Reports, Car & Driver, Motor Trend, etc.