Real gas mileage vs. computer reading
By carolina gal on
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
First- the good stuff. The outside is sleek and attractive-gets lots of compliments. After getting used to CVT transmission, I like the smoothness. Seats are comfortable. The bad stuff: the defrost is awful-tried hot & cold air. Cheap tires-showing wear in < 3000 miles. Radio controls on steering wheel-can turn on & change stations, but can't turn it off (on my husband's Sentra, a step down, you can). Gets decent mileage on trips, but not overall; computer reading says 27 mpg tank average, but the actual is more like 20-21. Oh, & the clunking sound near right front tire when start out- mechanic says it's something resitting. Weird. So- good & bad. Our first Nissan, time will tell.
Favorite Features
Intelligent keyless entry, sliding armrest, rear armrest, comfortable seats w/ good thigh support
Suggested Improvements
Better front defrost needed. Put decent tires on new cars. Better radio controls on steering wheel, so it can be turned off there. Realistic mpg computer readings. More color choices- I wanted navy w/ gray interior, which isn't an option on navy, so I had to settle on a different color.