2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Great all around car

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Great all around car
By Tim on

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my 2004 BMW 530i as the repair bills were getting outrageous. Like everyone else, I looked at the Accord, Camry, and even the Malibu. Decided against Camry due to Toyota's recent disasters. Malibu was nice, but was still, a Malibu. Altima is near perfect. Steering feels a little light, but that is no big deal. Acceleration from both a stop and and at passing speeds is more than ample. Build, fit, and finish are all on par with my BMW, and in some cases nicer. The instrumentation is well laid out and very intuitive. Gas mileage has been a little less than hoped for - city driving has been about 20 to 21 MPG, and Highway has been about 30. Great car overall.

Favorite Features

Fit, finish, build quality, and instrument/ control layout and design. Smart key is a really great feature.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Economy. At around 60 mph, the mileage is a very nice 34 to 35, from there it drops quickly. At 70 mph, the mileage drops to 28, and at 75 mph, it drops down to 24. I will say the car is still new and perhaps this will improve.