Fun to Drive - Altima SL
By Daniel F Spies on
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I do not like rattles however we found that the sun-roof sliding door will rattle when it is fully closed. The rattle goes away when it is partially or fully open (not the sun-roof itself, only the sliding interior door). I have overcome this problem and found that I really like the car. The get up and go is there when you need it. The CVT transmission provides excellent fuel mileage while maintaining low RPM balanced through the assist of the computer. This car handles very nice through curves on the road. The brake distribution appears to be proportioned perfectly from the front to the rear without unwanted jerky movements.
Favorite Features
I like the fact that I can set the cruise control and the engine never over rev's when climbing up a hill. The acceleration is clean and smooth with the help of the CVT Transmission. It constantly maintains the desirable RPM to match the road speed without the harsh shifting.
Suggested Improvements
I agree with others who have wrote reviews when it comes to the various accessory packages offered through Nissan. If Nissan wants to be competitive by others in its class they have to simplify the process and offer the various accessories for all models.