2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: First time Nissan owner

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

First time Nissan owner
By percboy on

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 38 years driving conventional automatics and standard transmissions, the CVT took a little adjustment-your brain is so used to that sensation of shift points, that the smoothness of the CVT is strange. But after almost 1200 miles, I've come to really like it and enjoy it's performance- responsive and fun to drive. The manual mode is is a nice feature, when need to pass or just feel nostalgic. The styling is top notch, inside and out, with sl package you get a bunch of great features that add a lot of luxury for the price. Love the leather seating and automatic dual climate control! Gas mileage is great- averaging 28 mpg. I am impressed with how quiet and smooth the car is on all road conditions.

Favorite Features

The CVT trans, exterior and interior styling, solid feel, fit and finish all around, dual exhaust tips, push button start,excellent brake balance and a just right combination of sport/luxury in a family sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Loose the goose-neck trunk hinges! How Stone-age. Not fitting for a car at this level. I agree-the option packages need improvement. I wanted fog lights, but didn't want the tech. Package. So I had them installed as an accessory for $375 complete. Go with the all weather floor mats as well- a perfect fit