Enjoy the car so far
By ajl7 on
2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I looked at a lot of car before choosing the Altima. All the big players (Camry,Accord,Fusion) the newcomers (Kizashi, new Optima). I also considered the new Ford Fiesta, Chevy Cruze, Mazda 3 and the Sentra.Also, I looked at Honda Insight and Prius. I was looking to lease a car for "cheap" (under 250/mo all costs included) and in the end, the Altima won out for a few reasons. Overall, it was the best all around car for the money I wanted to spend. (I write this in March 2011 for a 2010 car. My lease deal was through Nissan but through the local dealer because they had new 2010's to get rid of. Same car as the '11, but I got a "sign and drive" deal.)
Favorite Features
The Altima is a great driving car. Nissan has achieved a good balance of ride and handling especially compared to the Camry. Having had a recent (2006 Accord), it's about the same, but the brakes are better on the Altima. Our Accord was great, but the Altima is better so far. The CVT initially pushed Nissan off my list due to previous experience with the CVT in a Rogue a few years ago, but they have made many improvements since my last experience. It's one of the reasons I bought the car now. Also, Nissan makes it Intelligent Key standard on Altima. Very cool feature and it wasn't a deciding factor in buying the car, but I like having a "keyless" car.
Suggested Improvements
None so far, although I've only had the car a week. I'll update later. Rear vision is kind of limited for a sedan, I see why the uplevel cars have a rear camera. A little more could be done to eliminate some tire noise, but the levels are nowhere near what our Accord used to be like.