2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Dream Car.... or is it?

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Dream Car.... or is it?
By radowns05 on

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When I was 16 I was forced to buy the ugliest car there ever could be. A 1997 Nissan Sentra which turned out to be the best car on Earth. Owning this car made my dream car a Nissan Altima. I figured if the Sentra was that good the Altima had to be even better. In 2012 I bought a 2010 Nissan Altima S. Over all it has been an "ok" car. I expected more, I guess. If you like the smell of rotten eggs and Nissan telling you that it is a "normal" smell when you accelerate; it is the way it cleans itself out, then this is the car for you! I feel that a car this new, and costs this much wouldn't smell everytime you accelerate to pass someone.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would have to be the body, color, my all over dream car; appearance wise. This car does handle well.

Suggested Improvements

Make the transmission fluid check-able by normal everyday people and not certified techinicans/mechanics. I like having a car that I can check all of the fluids in. The rotten egg smell that is apparently "normal" when accelerating. Please, stop making everything "factory parts only". Thanks!