Used 2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

In Love
By Kenna

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Looked for 8 mths at only fuel efficient cars, considered the Mini, the Insight, the Civic, the Jetta TDI. Then, on a lark, because I thought it the most beautiful car out there, I finally drove the Altima and immediately fell in love. This is a great car! The ride is so smooth, I feel like I'm floating on air. I have comfort, beauty and function all at a great price. I have never been so happy to write a check.

The huge glove compartment, little doors cover up storage areas, big opening to rear doors, intelligent keyless entry and ignition, clear simple big display on dash, no clutter. And that smooth ride!

I would have liked automatic lights and fold-in side mirrors to come standard like I had in my 16-year old Subaru.

This car simply rocks!
By scandalous

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my altima on 8.20.2010 and am very pleased with my purchase. It has 640 miles on it now and I am getting 27 miles to the gallon which is just as good as my last car. This is my third new car-I traded in a 2010 versa for my altima. I am a 21 y/o college student and it fits my needs. Also looked at the accord/camry/fusion but ultimately i knew i would get the altima. I Really wanted a 2010 maxima however it is almost the same car except the maxima costs more being that it is faster and has more features. I would recommend this car in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a sexy, safe, affordable, sporty midsize sedan. Will write another review later.

KEYLESS entry/start, turns heads wherever i go, has sufficient power yet gets great gas mileage, roomy, quiet ride, great stereo, trip computer, sporty handling compared to camry/accord.

improve front seats because they are flat and can be uncomfortable at times, make stereo controls on steering wheel standard for all models, more power for 4 cyl engine.

Great comfortable car
By tom

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have always owned GM in the past but decided to give Nissan a try. So far I like the car. Its really great on gas even in the city. Car is very roomy on the inside. Everything is in easy reach. Seems very solidly built. My only complaint is that the wind pushes the car all over the highway. Granted it was 30 mph winds but they really pushed it around. Other than that it has been a great riding vehicle and i would recommend to anyone

stylish and very comfortable

More insulation in the trunk area when it rain it sounds like water hitting a tin can.

So Far So Good
By Nadeem

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It has been three months now with my ALtima SL. So far I am very much pleased with its performance. Fuel economy is outstanding and ride is quite comfy. Dash layout is the simplest you can think off. All necessary buttons are well laid out. The only thing which gives little bit inconvenient feel for me is that when you press the throttle for a rapid acceleration the engine roars quite a bit and gets silent when it reaches to a certain ratio of CVT gear. Other then that overall satisfied with this purchase

Push Button. Navigation, Bluetooth, Fuel economy, backup camera,

Passenger seat motorize, Computer information with more details and more user friendly. rear heated seats. ECONO indicator like in Hyundai/Kia vehicles

A Disappointment
By csaltzman

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I made the mistake of trading a 2007 Avalon for the 2010 Altima for better gas mileage and on the basis of a favorable rating from Consumer Reports. The Altima's "premium" Bose sound system has only a single-disk CD player, but worse than that, the car suffers from engine noise and rattles. It goes over bumps like a tank. The various electronic displays for temperature, mileage, and so on are widely inaccurate. In short, the car is a major disappointment, and I shall unload it as soon as I can.

Exterior appearance

Nissan should build a better car.