2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Uber-excited Driving Machine
By Kryptonyc on 04/25/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have to say I never saw myself driving a Nissan I was in a market for a Toyota Camry and/or Ford Fusion after test driving the Toyota & Fusion. I decided to test drive a Nissan after the Toyotas woes. And I was hook from the start, love the SL package, the Bose Audio, the gas saving its awesome, the space inside etc. and the peace of mind.

3.5SR, Good choice!
By vgvg on 04/25/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

3.5 winter frost with blonde leather interior. Sport and Premium package. Looks good and drives even better! A lot of power and great performance. Fun to drive. I mean really, really fun to drive! For instance, I can merge onto the freeway, going uphill, from a near crawl, from being behind a semi. Hit 70 or 80 without an effort. Before I an count to 4! Love the CVT. The Bose 9 speaker stereo sounds great. It's better than the Bose premium system I had on my '02 Maxima. 3.5SR Altima is a economical choice of a car that maintains power and performance but not the price of a new Maxima. At 1300 miles, city and highway avg 23mpg.

Accord to Altima
By Pattiee on 04/23/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall a nice car. A bit disappointed in the gas mileage, as I'm only averaging 27. The hardest part is the lack of initial pickup, compared to my Accord, it's pretty bad and my Accord was a 4 cyl too. The other biggest complaint is the seat belt. It is too low on the frame and impedes across the shoulder too much.

Great deal, great car
By pink1984 on 04/18/10 14:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Sold my 2000 Maxima SE and bought a 2010 Altima 2.5 S with the conv. plus package.

Decent Car Overall
By KG on 04/15/10 14:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded an '04 Impala in for this car. It is smaller than the Impala and gets worse gas mileage, so I'm not sure if I made a good decision or not. The keyless start is nice, but if you lose your keys it is very expensive to replace. It's an ok car overall, but sometimes I miss my Impala.

One shade under perfect
By Fast Driver on 04/13/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in an 08 equinox fully loaded for the basic altima. Love this car! Love the ride, drive, handling, and turning radius! Sometimes I think I hear the speakers rattling when music is up louder but other then that no complaints! 1300 miles on it as of now. Kinda miss some of the bells and whistles, but oh well. Gas mileage is decent. I always wanted to lease but never thought I could be a candidate because of the miles but Nissan didn't blink an eye with letting me do 18k per year. The seats seem firm but I'm getting used to it. I had the Nissan dealer detail my car and they did a terrible job but oh well it was free lol!

Good mid-level sedan
By Bigsackomeat on 04/13/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Quick enough with the 2.5L 4cyl that I chose it over the V6. While the CVT takes some acclimation, I am now completely comfy with it; careful throttle application lets you accelerate to 45-50mph within traffic, never exceeding 1500 rpm. Excellent mileage. The gadgetry all works as advertised: bluetooth connection, very useful voice controls, etc., as well as the "magic key". Brakes are strong enough, but I haven't tested them all the way to fade. I do wish for slightly larger diameter wheels (would smooth the ride some more), and a bit more confidence stuffing the nose into a high-speed turn, but the overall handling/ride/comfort still beats the 2010 model contenders in the 4 cyl sedan class.

I love my Altima 3.5
By clarkd on 04/06/10 16:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have put 3,700 miles on my car in 2 months. I enjoy the CVT but I love the power of the 3.5 (270hp). You accelerate so fast you are speeding before you know it. The ride is a little rough but the steering is very precise and I love the sport tuned suspension. From the paint job to the dual tray center console, this car is first class.

GOOD CAR
By WHITEBOY on 04/02/10 20:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Got the car 3 months ago with the SL version. Love the nav system and the Bose stereo. Noticed the same problem as Alex B with the bass. Even at 0 level and treble at 3, the back ledge by the rear window does not hold the bass. Probably needs more padding to damper the vibration. Looks like very thin shelving for speakers and subwoofer location. Besides that love driving it. Gets good mileage for both city and highway. Live in N.Y.C. and getting 20/35. Not bad compared to my 96 Murano. Only downfall is none of the cars come with some pkgs. You have to get all, meaning all the pkgs are connected to each other. Adds a lot more to base price. Got windows tinted, looks great.

Still Undecided
By Gramma on 04/02/10 17:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Love the look and way it handles when driving however it's a noisey car with whines & klunks when first starting & accelerating. I was told by the service dept the klunk noise was normal & the car was doing some sort of self-testing. Also within first 2 wks I had it back to service for the seat belt light which stayed on when seat belts were fastened. I'm getting use to the "intelligent key" but not sure i really like it. Having had an suv previously getting use to the sedan will take some time, I guess.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$125 per month*