Used 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Just bought, so don't know what I think
By Mike

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought a new Altima SL with Conv Pkg, Conv Pkg Plus, Flr Mats, and Splash Grds. I feel I got a decent deal at $23,850 (about $1000 under invoice) and 0% financing. Two bad things happened after paperwork was signed. When I was shown how everything works, the gas door wouldn't open and the low tire pressure light wouldn't go out. Service guys left for the night, so now I have to bring it back to get fixed. Hope that's not a bad omen.

Favorite Features

Leather is nice and comfortable. Interior, as a whole, feels nicely appointed (although I moved from a 2002 Civic to this, so take that with a grain of salt). Overall, I like how it drives. Time will tell if it was smart to move away from Honda and try something new.

Suggested Improvements

I can't say much after only driving it 20 some miles, but one thing I would suggest is to make the angle of the headrest adjustable. It is awkwardly angled forward too much. Auto-dim mirror dims then brightens much too frequently, wish it would just stay dimmed.

Amazing Car!
By Christine

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Originally I was not looking at this car and I'm so glad I bought it! I did get the convenience plus & premium audio package which is worth it. Everything about it wonderful! It is a smooth drive and I was driving 90 and it did not feel even close. The technical features are amazing including the back-up camera that works like a dream, bluetooth is an awesome feature and the smart key is so convenient; I do not ever have to take the keys out of my purse. It is comfortable and very roomy. It has huge trunk space too! The MPG does not seem as good as it stated but it is still brand new to me. I only have 500 miles on the car and I'll do another review in a few months but so far A+!

Favorite Features

Bose sound system, back-up camera, smart key, bluetooth, dual climate control, sunroof, roomy feel, big trunk space, & beautiful interior

Suggested Improvements

improved MPG

Wish I got the 3.5L
By Ginny

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'd been in love with this car since a boyfriend had the 2.5SL in 2005. I convinced my next boyfriend to buy a 2008 and I loved the design in that year. So when I was looking to purchase a 2010 of course I wanted the Altima. I drove the Malibu and the Fusion and I considered the Sonata and the Accord. But my heart was set on the Altima. I ordered it FULLY LOADED but for some reason ordered the 2.5 instead of the 3.5 and I`m not happy with the lack of power on the pick up. Especially starting up a hill. It`s a nice car but I`m not as in love with it as I thought I would be. If pick up is important to you get the 3.5.

Favorite Features

I love the moon roof and the upgraded sound package. The later ONLY because of the blue tooth. The sound on the Bose System is underwhelming

Suggested Improvements

Cushier seats. Better Sound. Better pickup. Better Styling both interior and exterior.

First Nissan
By Christian

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just leased a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL after considering the 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2010 Ford Fusion and 2011 Subaru Legacy. I test drove the Sonata and nearly leased it, however the Nissan gave me a lot more for my money and it drove just as nicely, if not better. I elected to get the 2.5 SL model, which is a step up from the S. I got leather, moonroof, heated seats, power seat, autodimming mirror, Intelligent key, etc. The Sonata model that had these features were insanely higher priced than this trim from Nissan. I test drove the Altima and loved it. It's comfortable, smooth and somewhat sporty. I came from a 2009 Subaru Legacy, FYI. This car is much more comfortable.

Favorite Features

Interior is very comfortable, CVT transmission is quiet and I really enjoy the Intelligent Key. The interior cup holders can be taken out and put in the dishwasher. The heated seats are going to be nice to use in Michigan winters. There is also a ton of storage in the cabin for an iPod, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing so far. Only have about 50 miles on the car but right now it is a huge upgrade from my Subaru.

2010 3.5SR update
By nissanboy

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great Car when Brand New! Currently have 11500 miles and now I have plenty of rattles along with road noise. Engine performs well without any problems, but it struggles to meet my performance(speed) expectations. Had previous VQ35DE engines and loved them all, but this one is not performing as I hoped. Hit the gas from a stop car takes off, give it gas @ 60 mph the car creeps to 80 mph. I noticed that this VQ does not require 93 octane maybe thats the problem. Car works fine and all of the gadgets seem to work as designed i.e. Navi, Bluetooth, HID lights, AC. I strongly suggest nissan improve the paint because it scratches and chips easily. No way did these cars go through 5000 test as advertised.