2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Outstanding midsize sedan
By Indydriver on 05/10/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

All around great car. Never considered Altima when I started shopping, but this was best deal (2.5S-SL pkg,Bose audio). Smooth, quiet, and sporty to drive. 0-60 acceleration close to V-6's. Great cargo space with back seat down. With smooth driving (NOT hypermiling) get GREAT mileage (90+% city my 1st 2k was 26.5 mph ACTUAL mpg-not computer but by total gas I put in tank).

Best Sedan on the Road
By bbarber72701 on 05/09/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really like the '10 Nissan Altima, after owning an '06 Altima. The body style has changed tremendously. Between the older design and new design, most improvements lie in the exterior, and dash. You'd be hard pressed to find changes in interior. Bought this for my wife '10 Altima around the beginning of the year and we both have fun driving it, we've had no problems with the car and it handles great and turns on a dime. Shes 5'1 and has great visibility in this vehicle. I would buy an altima again, my one complaint would be the hubcaps that come on the standard model. They are really crappy. If you can afford it definitely upgrade to the alloy wheels. I'd give it a 9.8 out of 10.

2.5SL Great Ride!
By Coach on 05/07/10 07:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted to like the new 2011 Sonata, drove one for 3 days, nice but just couldn't pull the trigger. Dealership also had Nissan's so I decided to drive the Altima 2.5 SL as a comparison. The Sonata has the looks, but that's really were it ended. The Altima's ride is far better, handling is better, and the COMFORT is way superior (despite Sonta having more backseat room). The SL's options were almost identical (no back seat heater). I'm at 3,900 miles, getting 33 mph on the Hwy, 29 city, no complaints. The CVT is different, but not at all bothersome. This is a really nice vehicle--and for the price a great value!

Uber-excited Driving Machine
By Kryptonyc on 04/25/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have to say I never saw myself driving a Nissan I was in a market for a Toyota Camry and/or Ford Fusion after test driving the Toyota & Fusion. I decided to test drive a Nissan after the Toyotas woes. And I was hook from the start, love the SL package, the Bose Audio, the gas saving its awesome, the space inside etc. and the peace of mind.

3.5SR, Good choice!
By vgvg on 04/25/10 10:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

3.5 winter frost with blonde leather interior. Sport and Premium package. Looks good and drives even better! A lot of power and great performance. Fun to drive. I mean really, really fun to drive! For instance, I can merge onto the freeway, going uphill, from a near crawl, from being behind a semi. Hit 70 or 80 without an effort. Before I an count to 4! Love the CVT. The Bose 9 speaker stereo sounds great. It's better than the Bose premium system I had on my '02 Maxima. 3.5SR Altima is a economical choice of a car that maintains power and performance but not the price of a new Maxima. At 1300 miles, city and highway avg 23mpg.

Great deal, great car
By pink1984 on 04/18/10 14:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Sold my 2000 Maxima SE and bought a 2010 Altima 2.5 S with the conv. plus package.

Decent Car Overall
By KG on 04/15/10 14:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded an '04 Impala in for this car. It is smaller than the Impala and gets worse gas mileage, so I'm not sure if I made a good decision or not. The keyless start is nice, but if you lose your keys it is very expensive to replace. It's an ok car overall, but sometimes I miss my Impala.

One shade under perfect
By Fast Driver on 04/13/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in an 08 equinox fully loaded for the basic altima. Love this car! Love the ride, drive, handling, and turning radius! Sometimes I think I hear the speakers rattling when music is up louder but other then that no complaints! 1300 miles on it as of now. Kinda miss some of the bells and whistles, but oh well. Gas mileage is decent. I always wanted to lease but never thought I could be a candidate because of the miles but Nissan didn't blink an eye with letting me do 18k per year. The seats seem firm but I'm getting used to it. I had the Nissan dealer detail my car and they did a terrible job but oh well it was free lol!

Good mid-level sedan
By Bigsackomeat on 04/13/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Quick enough with the 2.5L 4cyl that I chose it over the V6. While the CVT takes some acclimation, I am now completely comfy with it; careful throttle application lets you accelerate to 45-50mph within traffic, never exceeding 1500 rpm. Excellent mileage. The gadgetry all works as advertised: bluetooth connection, very useful voice controls, etc., as well as the "magic key". Brakes are strong enough, but I haven't tested them all the way to fade. I do wish for slightly larger diameter wheels (would smooth the ride some more), and a bit more confidence stuffing the nose into a high-speed turn, but the overall handling/ride/comfort still beats the 2010 model contenders in the 4 cyl sedan class.

I love my Altima 3.5
By clarkd on 04/06/10 16:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have put 3,700 miles on my car in 2 months. I enjoy the CVT but I love the power of the 3.5 (270hp). You accelerate so fast you are speeding before you know it. The ride is a little rough but the steering is very precise and I love the sport tuned suspension. From the paint job to the dual tray center console, this car is first class.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$125 per month*