2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Great Car
By JEPOP on 06/01/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a new Altima 2.5S last month and (so far) I really love this car. Other contenders in my new car hunt were the Accord and the Camry. In the end I went with the Altima because of price and the CVT (transmission). Highway MPG is fantastic (averaging between 32 and 36 MPG). The car is quick, quiet and very responsive. I am a first time Nissan buyer and hope that this car holds up as well as the Honda or the Toyota, time will tell.

Amazing car. going to miss it.
By jools on 05/30/10 17:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had the Altima Coupe for almost two and a half years and i loved every minute of it. Everything about it was perfect and i did not have a SINGLE problem with it. Also, it saved my life. A couple weeks ago, i got into a pretty horrific accident where a driver in a Ford F150 plowed into me going 55 mph+. Needless to say, the car is totaled. But the important thing is that I was able to walk away from the accident and go home that night. If anyone is worried that this car isn't safe because its small they shouldn't be. i am a perfect example of how safe this car is.

Problem Keyless Start
By dtancredi on 05/19/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Within the past two weeks, there have been 10-12 times that it was difficult to start. I am being told that the dealership cannot find a problem.

Love Love Love this car!
By Nikki on 05/18/10 07:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What more can I say. I love this car! Its a lot of fun to drive and I just love to look at it lol. Its so sporty looking with the size and features of a family sedan. The ride is amazing. Thought with the CVT would be hard to get used to but it wasn't. What a smooth ride! The bluetooth feature is a little to get used to but at the same time it is a huge convenience. Not needing a key to open the doors has made my life so much easier! If my husband is driving and he's taking too long to open the door I don't have to wait anymore because my key is always in my purse so I let myself in! Technology is amazing! And so is this car! Luxury without the expense! You can't beat it!

Nifty Nissan
By car buff forever on 05/13/10 01:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Very satisfying combination of smooth ride and crisp handling. I'm tall and found that no other mid-size car was as easy to get in and out of - no need to duck your head getting in the Altima. Simple but attractive instrument panel has large, well lit, and easy to read gauges. I also appreciate the large easy to grip knobs on the radio and climate controls. Thanks, Nissan, for showing that chrome, when used tastefully, can add elegance to a car. The chromed grill louvers, window surrounds, and rear end embellishments really set off the stylish shape of the car.

It's early, but this car rocks
By Mr. T. on 05/11/10 12:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm nearing 1,000 miles on a 2010 coupe and have zero complaints. Excellent acceleration and handling, a joy to drive. Test-drove the Mazda 3 and Accord Coupe. The Altima has a much more solid feel than the Mazda -- no comparison really. The Accord was roomier and drove about as nicely as the Altima, but we liked the styling on the Altima better and it cost thousands less than the Accord. The dash layout is a big plus for us -- simple, easy-to-reach controls. Love the CVT trans. Alum alloys are standard on the base model and they are really nice wheels. The back seat is smallish and the trunk space is very limited but these are trade offs we've accepted to get a very sporty looking, fun car.

Outstanding & efficient midsize sedan
By Hoosierman on 05/10/10 11:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Never thought about Altima when I first started shopping, but it was best deal in solid midsized with leather. Great all-around car. Smooth, quiet, comfortable, efficient, and sporty. CVT sounds different, but combo of mpg and acceleration is unmatched in its class.

Outstanding midsize sedan
By Indydriver on 05/10/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

All around great car. Never considered Altima when I started shopping, but this was best deal (2.5S-SL pkg,Bose audio). Smooth, quiet, and sporty to drive. 0-60 acceleration close to V-6's. Great cargo space with back seat down. With smooth driving (NOT hypermiling) get GREAT mileage (90+% city my 1st 2k was 26.5 mph ACTUAL mpg-not computer but by total gas I put in tank).

Best Sedan on the Road
By bbarber72701 on 05/09/10 14:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really like the '10 Nissan Altima, after owning an '06 Altima. The body style has changed tremendously. Between the older design and new design, most improvements lie in the exterior, and dash. You'd be hard pressed to find changes in interior. Bought this for my wife '10 Altima around the beginning of the year and we both have fun driving it, we've had no problems with the car and it handles great and turns on a dime. Shes 5'1 and has great visibility in this vehicle. I would buy an altima again, my one complaint would be the hubcaps that come on the standard model. They are really crappy. If you can afford it definitely upgrade to the alloy wheels. I'd give it a 9.8 out of 10.

2.5SL Great Ride!
By Coach on 05/07/10 07:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted to like the new 2011 Sonata, drove one for 3 days, nice but just couldn't pull the trigger. Dealership also had Nissan's so I decided to drive the Altima 2.5 SL as a comparison. The Sonata has the looks, but that's really were it ended. The Altima's ride is far better, handling is better, and the COMFORT is way superior (despite Sonta having more backseat room). The SL's options were almost identical (no back seat heater). I'm at 3,900 miles, getting 33 mph on the Hwy, 29 city, no complaints. The CVT is different, but not at all bothersome. This is a really nice vehicle--and for the price a great value!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$127 per month*