Used 2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Real gas mileage vs. computer reading
By carolina gal

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First- the good stuff. The outside is sleek and attractive-gets lots of compliments. After getting used to CVT transmission, I like the smoothness. Seats are comfortable. The bad stuff: the defrost is awful-tried hot & cold air. Cheap tires-showing wear in < 3000 miles. Radio controls on steering wheel-can turn on & change stations, but can't turn it off (on my husband's Sentra, a step down, you can). Gets decent mileage on trips, but not overall; computer reading says 27 mpg tank average, but the actual is more like 20-21. Oh, & the clunking sound near right front tire when start out- mechanic says it's something resitting. Weird. So- good & bad. Our first Nissan, time will tell.

Intelligent keyless entry, sliding armrest, rear armrest, comfortable seats w/ good thigh support

Better front defrost needed. Put decent tires on new cars. Better radio controls on steering wheel, so it can be turned off there. Realistic mpg computer readings. More color choices- I wanted navy w/ gray interior, which isn't an option on navy, so I had to settle on a different color.

Great value and a lot of fun
By Tony

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wanted V6, Leather, Bluetooth in a mid sized or slighty larger sedan. Did not include luxury sedans (Audi A4/BMW 3 series/Lexus ES/Infiniti G37/Acura). Test drove all the usual suspects (Camry, Avalon, Accord, Focus, Taurus, Mazda 6, passat, Milan, Malibu, Impala, lacrosse, and maxima). Chose the altima 3.5sr. Handles great, powerful engine, smooth transmission, loaded with options for the money. I got the premium and sport package option. Msrp was 30,195 and got it for 26,200 before ttl at end of year close out on 2010 models. I should note I have been driving Toyota Camry xle v6's for 17 years. To be honest the altima build quality is better than Toyota Camry right now in my opinion.

Handling. Engine response. Build quality.

Suspension is sport tuned and firm, but a bit too stiff on bumpy roads at times. Passenger seat should be power also with the Premium and Sport package option.

Wondrful Family Car
By Connerlilly

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2.5s Altima only a week ago but can already say that I LOVE IT! I have owned many different types of cars in the past 10 years between my husband and me. The performance is wonderful and the exterior you can't beat. It's not as comfortable as some previous cars that I have had but other than that the Altima is all it was said to be from the reviews.

The performance, exterior, gas mileage, interior, size..

Needs automatic head lights

Good deal
By CAR CRAZY

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for a month and half and let me tell you I traded my 2010 Nissan maxima for this car and it's all worth it! The fuel economy it's amazing! Last long trip was for 350 miles round trip and I got 33 mpg! For a v6 this is very good. Pros:gas mileage, power, sport pkg, xenon lights, fun to drive, low co$t maintenance, reg grade gas and much more. Cons: noisy cheap tires, black interior and cheap stereo for the price of the car.

Gas mileage, power, sport pkg, xenon lights, fun to drive, low co$t maintenance, reg grade gas and much more.

use continental tires for a quieter ride and better stereo and more interior color options on the SR models. forget about the CVT trany bring the old conventional transmission back PLEASE!

Worst Purchase Ever
By Wendy

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and it was returned the next day for repairs. After two weeks I finally got my new car back and it now has over 500 miles on it, a dirty interior, and no new car smell. It is going back tomorrow for correction of repairs and cleaning. This car should never have left the dealer's lot. This was the first car I ever bought brand new, what a disappointment!

Nissan should do it right the first time. A new car should not spend its first two weeks in for repairs.