2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Awsome Vehicle
By Lance on 06/11/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was an SUV person and decided that is was time for a car. I tried the Dodge Avenger, Toyota Camry and the Altima. The Altima won out on Power, and comfort of ride as well as space. I am a big guy and I feel really comfortable in the Altima. I think I actually have more room in this car then I did in my Chevy Blazer. I love the performance too, for a 4 cyl. this car has a lot of "get up and go".

2010 Altima 4 Cyl. CVT SL
By Daniel F Spies on 06/10/10 05:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The overall performance is great. I do not like rattles however we found that the sun-roof sliding door will rattle when it is fully closed. The rattle goes away when it is partially or fully open (not the sun-roof itself, only the sliding interior door). I have overcome this problem and found that I really like the car. The get up and go is there when you need it. The CVT transmission provides excellent fuel mileage while maintaining low RPM balanced through the assist of the computer. This car handles very nice through curves on the road. The brake distribution appears to be proportioned perfectly from the front to the rear without unwanted jerky movements. I strongly recommend buying a

Great car
By rz cinti on 06/08/10 22:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had it for 2 weeks/ great ride quality and handling. more than adequate power for the highway, decent but not great mileage 28-29, 80% highway driving; easy to use functional layout; useful features bluetooth, rear camera, XM. CVT great and very smooth, engine a little coarse with acceleration. trip computer fun and very accurate.

Near perfection
By durrrr on 06/05/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really couldn't be much happier with this car. The new transmission is great. The car has tons of HP in the 6 cylinder version. It's roomy and luxurious on the inside. Gas mileage could be a little better. And Nissan did a very stupid thing by bundling all of the available options into 3 very expensive packages. You can't get leather seats without a sunroof. You can't get the upgraded radio unless you get leather seats, etc. Each package is around $2k, but has lots of features most people don't want and are forced to pay for. It's still a great car, very reliable with a nice look on the outside and a great look on the inside.

Need Help! A/C & Battery
By Operational Problems on 06/02/10 23:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Getting foul smell from A/C. Have to open window it's so bad. We leave air circulation on to dry out, but this does not help. Dealer suggested scented spray for $82 every 6 mos. Possibly mold & not good for health. Need help! Also, battery too weak for operational demands. Accidentally left push button on, battery dies within 30 minutes. Dealer will not provide more powerful battery for this high end model. Also, vents on dashboard reflect in windshield restricting your view.

Great Car
By JEPOP on 06/01/10 13:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a new Altima 2.5S last month and (so far) I really love this car. Other contenders in my new car hunt were the Accord and the Camry. In the end I went with the Altima because of price and the CVT (transmission). Highway MPG is fantastic (averaging between 32 and 36 MPG). The car is quick, quiet and very responsive. I am a first time Nissan buyer and hope that this car holds up as well as the Honda or the Toyota, time will tell.

Problem Keyless Start
By dtancredi on 05/19/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Within the past two weeks, there have been 10-12 times that it was difficult to start. I am being told that the dealership cannot find a problem.

Love Love Love this car!
By Nikki on 05/18/10 07:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

What more can I say. I love this car! Its a lot of fun to drive and I just love to look at it lol. Its so sporty looking with the size and features of a family sedan. The ride is amazing. Thought with the CVT would be hard to get used to but it wasn't. What a smooth ride! The bluetooth feature is a little to get used to but at the same time it is a huge convenience. Not needing a key to open the doors has made my life so much easier! If my husband is driving and he's taking too long to open the door I don't have to wait anymore because my key is always in my purse so I let myself in! Technology is amazing! And so is this car! Luxury without the expense! You can't beat it!

Nifty Nissan
By car buff forever on 05/13/10 01:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Very satisfying combination of smooth ride and crisp handling. I'm tall and found that no other mid-size car was as easy to get in and out of - no need to duck your head getting in the Altima. Simple but attractive instrument panel has large, well lit, and easy to read gauges. I also appreciate the large easy to grip knobs on the radio and climate controls. Thanks, Nissan, for showing that chrome, when used tastefully, can add elegance to a car. The chromed grill louvers, window surrounds, and rear end embellishments really set off the stylish shape of the car.

Outstanding & efficient midsize sedan
By Hoosierman on 05/10/10 11:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Never thought about Altima when I first started shopping, but it was best deal in solid midsized with leather. Great all-around car. Smooth, quiet, comfortable, efficient, and sporty. CVT sounds different, but combo of mpg and acceleration is unmatched in its class.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan in WA is:

$156 per month*