Used 2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Most Helpful|
Noises?
By teacherman

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I only have 500 miles on it but notice when the car is full until a tank I here a sloshing noise that results in a knocking sound when slowing down, backing up, etc in the rear of the vehicle. The sound seems to be the fuel moving around the tank, but it is quite loud, and usually results in a few knocking sounds each time I hear it. I do not even need to be traveling at high speeds to hear this noise. I have never heard anything like this on a vehicle and was wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences. I took it to the dealer and they hear the noise, but according to them it is common in the 2010 Altimas.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

Fix the loud noises from the rear!

The jury is still out
By tmagman1

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read many reviews on this website, and saw where the Altima received really good ratings. I bought the basic model a few months ago. So far I can't say I'm impressed. If you need horsepower, you better keep looking. You won't find it with this car. And with the unique transmission that seems to gear down on take off, the car seems to have even less horsepower. If you need to step on the gas, get ready for a loud roar from the engine noise. It ain't pretty. Sounds like a darned airplane about to take off. I purchased the car brand new. You know the economics of buying a new car, so I'll lose my big time if I trade.

Favorite Features

Easy steering. Takes curves really well. A quiet ride until you decide to accelerate.

Suggested Improvements

I don't know how far the Altima has progressed over the years, but I can't believe the lack of horsepower. And I can't believe folks "love" this transmission. I swear it seems like this car is on its last leg when you hit the gas. I'm not trying to win a Nascar race, but geesh the hp is awful.

Amazing car. going to miss it.
By jools

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had the Altima Coupe for almost two and a half years and i loved every minute of it. Everything about it was perfect and i did not have a SINGLE problem with it. Also, it saved my life. A couple weeks ago, i got into a pretty horrific accident where a driver in a Ford F150 plowed into me going 55 mph+. Needless to say, the car is totaled. But the important thing is that I was able to walk away from the accident and go home that night. If anyone is worried that this car isn't safe because its small they shouldn't be. i am a perfect example of how safe this car is.

Favorite Features

Coming from someone who gets lost easily, the nav system is great! So easy to use. also the Bose sound system is rocking. Keyless Entry & Start is also pretty amazing. Folding back seats is a great feature to give more room to this car.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

Sports car for seniors
By STNCK

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a 2008 Subaru Outback wagon (turbo). Red leather is a great change from black. A real nice drive with a good ride and plenty of features.

Favorite Features

Red leather,smart key, CVT, styling, gas mileage, solid feel, radio

Suggested Improvements

Daytime running lights, mute button on steering wheel, 6 CD changer

Beware of the CVT
By considerate128

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car used with 50k miles on it. After about 6 months I noticed a rattle sound from the transmission at low speeds @1,500 rpms. I did some research and it sounds like it's a common thing for their transmissions. I was very disappointed and the cost to repair looked to be steep. I knew there were mixed opinions about the transmission and I wanted to give it a chance. Last Saturday a truck rear ended me, totaling the car. It may be a blessing in disguise due to the transmission needing repair and I was able to go out and get something else. I will not buy another Nissan again if it uses the CVT technology.

Favorite Features

Spacious, well built cabin Interior/exterior design Keyless entry Push button start

Suggested Improvements

CVT is still very questionable technology