2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Fantastic Car
By Nadeem on 06/25/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have altima 2.5 SL for two weeks now and I am enjoying/loving it so far. I was shopping for 2011 Hyundai Sonata because of high reviews and ratings but I think the Altima quality of ride and the interior is far superior then Sonata. The only thing I am missing it is the rear heated seats which Sonata offers in their Limited edition. But I have no regrets going for this Altima which has all the bells and whistles along with the awesome performance.

Great car for commuting
By matt8679 on 06/24/10 10:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought the car three weeks ago and love it. I commute about 100 miles a day and average 30-34 MPG with DC traffic. I used to fill up twice a week but now only once because of the 20 gallon tank. I never thought I would get an Altima but after the test drive and price after incentives I was sold. I think one of my tires is off balance because i get a small vibration over 70. Will have the dealership look at it with my next oil change.

A Fantastic Car!
By believenu on 06/15/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I think I am in love! This is my first Nissan purchase, and so far I LOVE it! I bought the 2.5 sl, basically the car is loaded minus the nav system, which I didn't really want. I am getting fantastic gas mileage, which is important! If you are in the market for a great car that isn't going to break the bank, make sure to check out the Altima, you wont be disappointed! =)

Fun to Drive - Altima SL
By Daniel F Spies on 06/14/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

Thanks to edmunds
By Railroad on 06/12/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I want to thank edmunds for providing excellent insight and knowledge for car hunters. I recently bought a 2010 2.5S Altima and had great success at the dealership. The car sales team hit me with all the text book tricks. The four corners, trade in value, and monthly payments. Thanks to reading the article on the inside the dealership, I was well prepared to handle the smooth talk. I purchased the car three hundred dollars under invoice price. Thanks Edmunds! To new car buyers, do your homework, be ready to hear the slick talk, and never tell them the price per month you want to pay or like my brother tells them initially - $25.00 per month LOL!

Awsome Vehicle
By Lance on 06/11/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was an SUV person and decided that is was time for a car. I tried the Dodge Avenger, Toyota Camry and the Altima. The Altima won out on Power, and comfort of ride as well as space. I am a big guy and I feel really comfortable in the Altima. I think I actually have more room in this car then I did in my Chevy Blazer. I love the performance too, for a 4 cyl. this car has a lot of "get up and go".

2010 Altima 4 Cyl. CVT SL
By Daniel F Spies on 06/10/10 05:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The overall performance is great. I do not like rattles however we found that the sun-roof sliding door will rattle when it is fully closed. The rattle goes away when it is partially or fully open (not the sun-roof itself, only the sliding interior door). I have overcome this problem and found that I really like the car. The get up and go is there when you need it. The CVT transmission provides excellent fuel mileage while maintaining low RPM balanced through the assist of the computer. This car handles very nice through curves on the road. The brake distribution appears to be proportioned perfectly from the front to the rear without unwanted jerky movements. I strongly recommend buying a

Great car
By rz cinti on 06/08/10 22:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Had it for 2 weeks/ great ride quality and handling. more than adequate power for the highway, decent but not great mileage 28-29, 80% highway driving; easy to use functional layout; useful features bluetooth, rear camera, XM. CVT great and very smooth, engine a little coarse with acceleration. trip computer fun and very accurate.

Near perfection
By durrrr on 06/05/10 09:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really couldn't be much happier with this car. The new transmission is great. The car has tons of HP in the 6 cylinder version. It's roomy and luxurious on the inside. Gas mileage could be a little better. And Nissan did a very stupid thing by bundling all of the available options into 3 very expensive packages. You can't get leather seats without a sunroof. You can't get the upgraded radio unless you get leather seats, etc. Each package is around $2k, but has lots of features most people don't want and are forced to pay for. It's still a great car, very reliable with a nice look on the outside and a great look on the inside.

Altima Coupe, a good choice
By Dukester1a on 06/04/10 06:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The ride is very quiet and comfortable but I'm still getting used to the CVT transmission. I previously owned a 4 cyl. Honda Accord (manual transmission) which had more low end power. Vision is somewhat compromised by the coupe's design. Mirror adjustment is thus important.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$127 per month*