2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
First time Nissan owner
By percboy on 07/23/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 38 years driving conventional automatics and standard transmissions, the CVT took a little adjustment-your brain is so used to that sensation of shift points, that the smoothness of the CVT is strange. But after almost 1200 miles, I've come to really like it and enjoy it's performance- responsive and fun to drive. The manual mode is is a nice feature, when need to pass or just feel nostalgic. The styling is top notch, inside and out, with sl package you get a bunch of great features that add a lot of luxury for the price. Love the leather seating and automatic dual climate control! Gas mileage is great- averaging 28 mpg. I am impressed with how quiet and smooth the car is on all road conditions.

Extremely Happy
By Kathy on 07/21/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle on 7/3 best buy great deal I couldn't be happier. I didn't start out looking at the Altima but I kind of stumbled upon it in my search and I am so glad I did. This car has so much class and style I'm amazed at the performance. I purchased it in Navy Blue with the blond leather interior and I gotta tell you it's a head turner.

Death at 163 miles
By MADCONSUMER on 07/10/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Picked up 2010 Altima with 4 miles on it. Car dies on the way home with 163 miles total. I know that this can happen, and I'm not mad about the car breaking down as much as I am about the warranty company not helping me. I am responsible to pay for the rental. I am responsible for any miles over 35 towed and I am 100 miles away from home. The dealership will not give me a courtesy vehicle cause I did not purchase it from them. No rental company open. Basically Nissan proved to me that they will not stand behind their product and since they left us 100 miles away from home without a care, I will make sure that everyone I know never goes with Nissan.

Great Initial Assessment
By Archman on 07/07/10 08:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I were looking for a midsized sedan since we have a grandchild coming in a couple of months. We considered the Altima, Camry, Legacy, Mazda6, & Sonata. It must have the following: good comfortable ride, quiet, good fuel economy, & roomy. That was the dilemma. All of the cars that we considered as noted above can meet those requirements. So we dug deeper. We loved the CVT and the quietness it brought. So it was down to the Subaru and Nissan. Then July 4th weekend sale sealed the deal with the Nissan with up to $2k off with your own financing was great. Additional feature that we love is the smart key and push button start, absolutely wonderful. Highly recommended.

Best in class, mu opinion
By Stone on 07/04/10 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just got it. Wanted a decent looking sedan at a good price with great gas mileage. I'm very happy so far. Gas mileage is 29.6 in all-around driving, mostly city. I pay attention to how I drive and it seems to help the mileage. Doesn't compare to the Audi's I've owned for years but it costs half as much, has a much better maintenance and reliability record and gets better gas mileage. I'm retired now so I had to take a step down but I'm very happy with the car. Looking forward to driving it a long time. controls are basic and simple. Easy to get to. Am very pleased with my purchase.

Fantastic Car
By Nadeem on 06/25/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have altima 2.5 SL for two weeks now and I am enjoying/loving it so far. I was shopping for 2011 Hyundai Sonata because of high reviews and ratings but I think the Altima quality of ride and the interior is far superior then Sonata. The only thing I am missing it is the rear heated seats which Sonata offers in their Limited edition. But I have no regrets going for this Altima which has all the bells and whistles along with the awesome performance.

Great car for commuting
By matt8679 on 06/24/10 10:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought the car three weeks ago and love it. I commute about 100 miles a day and average 30-34 MPG with DC traffic. I used to fill up twice a week but now only once because of the 20 gallon tank. I never thought I would get an Altima but after the test drive and price after incentives I was sold. I think one of my tires is off balance because i get a small vibration over 70. Will have the dealership look at it with my next oil change.

A Fantastic Car!
By believenu on 06/15/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I think I am in love! This is my first Nissan purchase, and so far I LOVE it! I bought the 2.5 sl, basically the car is loaded minus the nav system, which I didn't really want. I am getting fantastic gas mileage, which is important! If you are in the market for a great car that isn't going to break the bank, make sure to check out the Altima, you wont be disappointed! =)

Fun to Drive - Altima SL
By Daniel F Spies on 06/14/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I do not like rattles however we found that the sun-roof sliding door will rattle when it is fully closed. The rattle goes away when it is partially or fully open (not the sun-roof itself, only the sliding interior door). I have overcome this problem and found that I really like the car. The get up and go is there when you need it. The CVT transmission provides excellent fuel mileage while maintaining low RPM balanced through the assist of the computer. This car handles very nice through curves on the road. The brake distribution appears to be proportioned perfectly from the front to the rear without unwanted jerky movements.

Thanks to edmunds
By Railroad on 06/12/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I want to thank edmunds for providing excellent insight and knowledge for car hunters. I recently bought a 2010 2.5S Altima and had great success at the dealership. The car sales team hit me with all the text book tricks. The four corners, trade in value, and monthly payments. Thanks to reading the article on the inside the dealership, I was well prepared to handle the smooth talk. I purchased the car three hundred dollars under invoice price. Thanks Edmunds! To new car buyers, do your homework, be ready to hear the slick talk, and never tell them the price per month you want to pay or like my brother tells them initially - $25.00 per month LOL!