Used 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great value and a lot of fun
By Tony

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wanted V6, Leather, Bluetooth in a mid sized or slighty larger sedan. Did not include luxury sedans (Audi A4/BMW 3 series/Lexus ES/Infiniti G37/Acura). Test drove all the usual suspects (Camry, Avalon, Accord, Focus, Taurus, Mazda 6, passat, Milan, Malibu, Impala, lacrosse, and maxima). Chose the altima 3.5sr. Handles great, powerful engine, smooth transmission, loaded with options for the money. I got the premium and sport package option. Msrp was 30,195 and got it for 26,200 before ttl at end of year close out on 2010 models. I should note I have been driving Toyota Camry xle v6's for 17 years. To be honest the altima build quality is better than Toyota Camry right now in my opinion.

Favorite Features

Handling. Engine response. Build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension is sport tuned and firm, but a bit too stiff on bumpy roads at times. Passenger seat should be power also with the Premium and Sport package option.

Wondrful Family Car
By Connerlilly

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2.5s Altima only a week ago but can already say that I LOVE IT! I have owned many different types of cars in the past 10 years between my husband and me. The performance is wonderful and the exterior you can't beat. It's not as comfortable as some previous cars that I have had but other than that the Altima is all it was said to be from the reviews.

Favorite Features

The performance, exterior, gas mileage, interior, size..

Suggested Improvements

Needs automatic head lights

Good deal
By CAR CRAZY

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for a month and half and let me tell you I traded my 2010 Nissan maxima for this car and it's all worth it! The fuel economy it's amazing! Last long trip was for 350 miles round trip and I got 33 mpg! For a v6 this is very good. Pros:gas mileage, power, sport pkg, xenon lights, fun to drive, low co$t maintenance, reg grade gas and much more. Cons: noisy cheap tires, black interior and cheap stereo for the price of the car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, power, sport pkg, xenon lights, fun to drive, low co$t maintenance, reg grade gas and much more.

Suggested Improvements

use continental tires for a quieter ride and better stereo and more interior color options on the SR models. forget about the CVT trany bring the old conventional transmission back PLEASE!

Worst Purchase Ever
By Wendy

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car new and it was returned the next day for repairs. After two weeks I finally got my new car back and it now has over 500 miles on it, a dirty interior, and no new car smell. It is going back tomorrow for correction of repairs and cleaning. This car should never have left the dealer's lot. This was the first car I ever bought brand new, what a disappointment!

Suggested Improvements

Nissan should do it right the first time. A new car should not spend its first two weeks in for repairs.

In Love
By Kenna

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Looked for 8 mths at only fuel efficient cars, considered the Mini, the Insight, the Civic, the Jetta TDI. Then, on a lark, because I thought it the most beautiful car out there, I finally drove the Altima and immediately fell in love. This is a great car! The ride is so smooth, I feel like I'm floating on air. I have comfort, beauty and function all at a great price. I have never been so happy to write a check.

Favorite Features

The huge glove compartment, little doors cover up storage areas, big opening to rear doors, intelligent keyless entry and ignition, clear simple big display on dash, no clutter. And that smooth ride!

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked automatic lights and fold-in side mirrors to come standard like I had in my 16-year old Subaru.