2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
This car simply rocks!
By scandalous on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my altima on 8.20.2010 and am very pleased with my purchase. It has 640 miles on it now and I am getting 27 miles to the gallon which is just as good as my last car. This is my third new car-I traded in a 2010 versa for my altima. I am a 21 y/o college student and it fits my needs. Also looked at the accord/camry/fusion but ultimately i knew i would get the altima. I Really wanted a 2010 maxima however it is almost the same car except the maxima costs more being that it is faster and has more features. I would recommend this car in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a sexy, safe, affordable, sporty midsize sedan. Will write another review later.

So Far So Good
By Nadeem on 09/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It has been three months now with my ALtima SL. So far I am very much pleased with its performance. Fuel economy is outstanding and ride is quite comfy. Dash layout is the simplest you can think off. All necessary buttons are well laid out. The only thing which gives little bit inconvenient feel for me is that when you press the throttle for a rapid acceleration the engine roars quite a bit and gets silent when it reaches to a certain ratio of CVT gear. Other then that overall satisfied with this purchase

A Disappointment
By csaltzman on 09/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I made the mistake of trading a 2007 Avalon for the 2010 Altima for better gas mileage and on the basis of a favorable rating from Consumer Reports. The Altima's "premium" Bose sound system has only a single-disk CD player, but worse than that, the car suffers from engine noise and rattles. It goes over bumps like a tank. The various electronic displays for temperature, mileage, and so on are widely inaccurate. In short, the car is a major disappointment, and I shall unload it as soon as I can.

Sports Car without Sports Car Cost
By Evan on 09/01/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I may be biased having previously owned a 2005 Altima, but I love this car. After 6000 miles I haven't noticed any difference in the driving from mile 1. It can be fuel efficient, or really give me that extra boost when I want to cut it loose. Bottom Line, this is a great car for individuals or for families looking for a little fun from their everyday sedan.

Just bought, so don't know what I think
By Mike on 08/30/10 19:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just bought a new Altima SL with Conv Pkg, Conv Pkg Plus, Flr Mats, and Splash Grds. I feel I got a decent deal at $23,850 (about $1000 under invoice) and 0% financing. Two bad things happened after paperwork was signed. When I was shown how everything works, the gas door wouldn't open and the low tire pressure light wouldn't go out. Service guys left for the night, so now I have to bring it back to get fixed. Hope that's not a bad omen.

Amazing Car!
By Christine on 08/30/10 17:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Originally I was not looking at this car and I'm so glad I bought it! I did get the convenience plus & premium audio package which is worth it. Everything about it wonderful! It is a smooth drive and I was driving 90 and it did not feel even close. The technical features are amazing including the back-up camera that works like a dream, bluetooth is an awesome feature and the smart key is so convenient; I do not ever have to take the keys out of my purse. It is comfortable and very roomy. It has huge trunk space too! The MPG does not seem as good as it stated but it is still brand new to me. I only have 500 miles on the car and I'll do another review in a few months but so far A+!

Wish I got the 3.5L
By Ginny on 08/29/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'd been in love with this car since a boyfriend had the 2.5SL in 2005. I convinced my next boyfriend to buy a 2008 and I loved the design in that year. So when I was looking to purchase a 2010 of course I wanted the Altima. I drove the Malibu and the Fusion and I considered the Sonata and the Accord. But my heart was set on the Altima. I ordered it FULLY LOADED but for some reason ordered the 2.5 instead of the 3.5 and I`m not happy with the lack of power on the pick up. Especially starting up a hill. It`s a nice car but I`m not as in love with it as I thought I would be. If pick up is important to you get the 3.5.

First Nissan
By Christian on 08/29/10 07:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just leased a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL after considering the 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2010 Ford Fusion and 2011 Subaru Legacy. I test drove the Sonata and nearly leased it, however the Nissan gave me a lot more for my money and it drove just as nicely, if not better. I elected to get the 2.5 SL model, which is a step up from the S. I got leather, moonroof, heated seats, power seat, autodimming mirror, Intelligent key, etc. The Sonata model that had these features were insanely higher priced than this trim from Nissan. I test drove the Altima and loved it. It's comfortable, smooth and somewhat sporty. I came from a 2009 Subaru Legacy, FYI. This car is much more comfortable.

2010 3.5SR update
By nissanboy on 08/27/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great Car when Brand New! Currently have 11500 miles and now I have plenty of rattles along with road noise. Engine performs well without any problems, but it struggles to meet my performance(speed) expectations. Had previous VQ35DE engines and loved them all, but this one is not performing as I hoped. Hit the gas from a stop car takes off, give it gas @ 60 mph the car creeps to 80 mph. I noticed that this VQ does not require 93 octane maybe thats the problem. Car works fine and all of the gadgets seem to work as designed i.e. Navi, Bluetooth, HID lights, AC. I strongly suggest nissan improve the paint because it scratches and chips easily. No way did these cars go through 5000 test as advertised.

Just got an Altima
By stevengreen on 08/26/10 19:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Worst car I've had. Road noise is terrible, whistle in transmission, driver's seat is worse than a park bench, low beams are ok up to 50-feet, useless further than that, high beams are not even. Dark and light spots, just a horrible car. Check this out carefully before thinking of buying one. Better yet, buy a Toyota.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*