Used 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I love my Altima.
By Oreo

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

GREAT CAR! Would definitely recommend it! The seating is very comfortable in comparison to the Honda Accord and Volkswagen Jetta. The car goes really smoothly. I love it. I've had the car for one year now, and I've never had any problem with it yet.

Favorite Features

The keyless entry system is really convenient! I'd never want to go back to have the old system.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Love my Nissan
By Nissanmotorhead

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Altima. My first was a 2007 2.5S. I currently have a 2010 3.5SR. Love this car from to end to end. Great car for entry level performance combined with enough space for friends and family.

Favorite Features

CVT transmission unloads a bunch of fun.

Suggested Improvements

New 3.7L V6 with more punch and a lower ride. They should def make an limited edition SE-R. The older models weren't worth buying.

The jury is still out
By tmagman1

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read many reviews on this website, and saw where the Altima received really good ratings. I bought the basic model a few months ago. So far I can't say I'm impressed. If you need horsepower, you better keep looking. You won't find it with this car. And with the unique transmission that seems to gear down on take off, the car seems to have even less horsepower. If you need to step on the gas, get ready for a loud roar from the engine noise. It ain't pretty. Sounds like a darned airplane about to take off. I purchased the car brand new. You know the economics of buying a new car, so I'll lose my big time if I trade.

Favorite Features

Easy steering. Takes curves really well. A quiet ride until you decide to accelerate.

Suggested Improvements

I don't know how far the Altima has progressed over the years, but I can't believe the lack of horsepower. And I can't believe folks "love" this transmission. I swear it seems like this car is on its last leg when you hit the gas. I'm not trying to win a Nascar race, but geesh the hp is awful.

Noises?
By teacherman

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I only have 500 miles on it but notice when the car is full until a tank I here a sloshing noise that results in a knocking sound when slowing down, backing up, etc in the rear of the vehicle. The sound seems to be the fuel moving around the tank, but it is quite loud, and usually results in a few knocking sounds each time I hear it. I do not even need to be traveling at high speeds to hear this noise. I have never heard anything like this on a vehicle and was wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences. I took it to the dealer and they hear the noise, but according to them it is common in the 2010 Altimas.

Favorite Features

Body style

Suggested Improvements

Fix the loud noises from the rear!

So Far, So Good
By gerry

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded a Chrysler LHS for the 2.5SL -time to downsize. Got all the packages except navigation. The 4 cylinder is a little noisy on heavy acceleration, but has enough power. CVT surprised me - didn't think I would like it. End of year pricing was excellent.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling, ride. If you have a sun roof, get the wind deflector.

Suggested Improvements

Should have power passenger seat, better interior trim.