Used 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

After 11 months ownership - Very Pleased
By digitalexplr

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Just got back after 2300 mile vacation to the Colorado Rockies. The Altima was terrific. Wife has back problems - no issues riding for that distance. Up and down the mountains was effortless. Mileage was outstanding averaging 34mpg for the whole trip. The CVT in mountain driving was pure pleasure. On a couple of really step grades I manually downshifted just for grins. The rest of the time the engine/transmission did a great job of keeping things under control. Even took the Altima on a couple of roads marked for 4wd. it did not complain. I think it's part mountain sheep! Very, very please with the Altima.

Fuel economy. On part of our mountain trip we were registering 40mpg. Handling. It's part sports car. Performance. Passes anything I want to pass. Driver & passenger comfort very nice. Sound system is truly outstanding! We have the manually controlled climate control system, but it is very easy to adjust to comfort level.

Enjoy the car so far
By ajl7

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at a lot of car before choosing the Altima. All the big players (Camry,Accord,Fusion) the newcomers (Kizashi, new Optima). I also considered the new Ford Fiesta, Chevy Cruze, Mazda 3 and the Sentra.Also, I looked at Honda Insight and Prius. I was looking to lease a car for "cheap" (under 250/mo all costs included) and in the end, the Altima won out for a few reasons. Overall, it was the best all around car for the money I wanted to spend. (I write this in March 2011 for a 2010 car. My lease deal was through Nissan but through the local dealer because they had new 2010's to get rid of. Same car as the '11, but I got a "sign and drive" deal.)

The Altima is a great driving car. Nissan has achieved a good balance of ride and handling especially compared to the Camry. Having had a recent (2006 Accord), it's about the same, but the brakes are better on the Altima. Our Accord was great, but the Altima is better so far. The CVT initially pushed Nissan off my list due to previous experience with the CVT in a Rogue a few years ago, but they have made many improvements since my last experience. It's one of the reasons I bought the car now. Also, Nissan makes it Intelligent Key standard on Altima. Very cool feature and it wasn't a deciding factor in buying the car, but I like having a "keyless" car.

None so far, although I've only had the car a week. I'll update later. Rear vision is kind of limited for a sedan, I see why the uplevel cars have a rear camera. A little more could be done to eliminate some tire noise, but the levels are nowhere near what our Accord used to be like.

A Lemon
By Unhappy Mike

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We like the car when we bought it. At 1300 miles, the car wouldn't start, required AAA to come out. Dealership changed the brake switch ("common problem" with this car), and the problem recurred the same day. Two days later happened a third time and had to be towed in... Dealership is trying to make it right, but they clearly don't know how: lemon. Have owned two prior maximas - and gotten great, reliable service from them, but not this one.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Roni

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought my new 2010 Altima. I had been driving a 2005 Sentra for the last 6 years. I wanted an upgrade and more safety for my 9 year old daughter. Altima has a 5 star rating for safety, lots of standard safety features. I love the Nissan line. The Altima is just a fabulous car. It's stylish, classy, has substance and handles like a dream. I would recommend this car to anyone. If you're shopping for a classy looking, safety packed, drives like a dream car, please GO TEST DRIVE ONE TODAY!

2010 Altima Brake Failure
By Miss-taken

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a 2010 Altima SL on 8-4-2010 and 6 weeks later it was in the shop for over a week for brake failure. Tech had no clue what was wrong. Had to call Nissan to diagnose. Turns out bad break booster in a brand new car! Everyone, including a mechanic says they wouldn't trust the car and I don't. This shouldn't have happened to a new car! Tried to trade, but the dealer I bought it from said it lost $6000.00 in equity in 3 months! Now I'm stuck paying on a car I'm terrified to drive. My bank feels horrible and approved me for a new loan, but because of the loss of equity, I can't get a new car to book and thats the requirement for the loan. Big price to pay for a driveway ornament.

Inspect the brake system thoroughly before letting it off the assembly line.