Used 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

noisy
By lato

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

this engine is very noisy

good acceleration. and push button to start the engine

Bad Engine and a lot of issues
By disappointed56

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

End of July 2010 bought car with 32000 miles on it. 1st week of November car went into shop, 39000 miles now, my mechanic said top of the motor was bad & needs to be torn down to see what was wrong. Was under warranty so I took it to the dealer. The dealer started the car listened to it for 5 min & then told me the engine had oil sludge. Told them no way it had sludge. I called nissan consumer affairs. They paid for my rental & repairs. took the engine apart-no sludge-engine was bad. I needed a new longblock engine for the car. The new engine they ordered was cracked so they ordered another one. Bottom line it took 3 wks to get my car back. Hope this engine last longer then the last one.

I bought my car used at the end of July 2010 with 32000 miles on it. I bought this car because I have heard nothing but good things about the altima. I fell in love with this car and was very happy with it at first. I even averaged between 34 and 42 mpg driving on the highway. However, After having to replace the longblock engine, issues with the message center, power windows don't want to work I don't like my car and will be getting rid of it before the after market warranty expires. I would trade it off now but I owe to much. I miss my Hyundai suv it may have cost me at the pump but it was better then lemon.

Nissan needs to tell the dealers not to try and rip off the customers. I did not fall for it but others might have. Also, was confirmed my original engine came from the plant out of Mexico and was told by a Nissan tech at another location that 2 out of 5 of the engines that came from Mexico are bad on the 2010's. Also, the power windows should not go out, trans is loud and shifts hard, and the message center has issues. There is no reason this car should have this many issues at 40000 miles.

Nice for the price.
By value_driven

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Altima new, 13 months & 6200 miles ago. I have not taken it to the dealer for anything but 2 oil changes. This is the first car or truck that I have owned that had no defects! I car shopped for 3 years[2007-2010]. During that time period I drove Accords, Camrys, and Sonatas. I almost bought a 2011 Sonata. My Altima was exactly as I wanted; color, options, price. I got a big discount, $0 down, and 0% financing for 60 months! The V-6 is nice! The controls are easy to use. The speedo and tach are easy to read and nicely illuminated. I enjoy driving it. I would drive it more but my main ride is a 1993 T-100 that I bought new and now has 200,000 miles. I like my Altima a lot!

Smooth, powerful,[270 horsepower], V-6. Quiet on the inside, especially on the interstate. The controls are easy to see and use. The 3.5SR is nicely equipped on the base model. The brakes are outstanding. There is a lot that I like. While there are a few things I don't like, nothing that for me would have been a dealbreaker!

Tied for number one, the cvt and the base stereo. The cvt takes some getting used to. I like a normal automatic better. The cvt comes with a 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty though. The base stereo is weak. So weak that I am considering replacing it with an aftermarket unit. I did not listen to the factory BOSE stereo that is the only factory installed upgrade. You may find the mpg on the low side. I have averaged 24 mpg exactly since I have owned it. That is with 60% highway, 40% city driving. If gas mileage is most important to you, get a 4 cylinder. Six cylinder Altimas are hard to find that are not loaded with option packages.

Not recommended
By mackyd

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been living with my Altima 2.5 Sedan for over a year now and I will never have another. I can only describe it as a car for people who don't like driving.
Dangerously underpowered, the most uncomfortable front seats I've ever encountered in a modern vehicle, many rattles and squeaks from the interior and exterior, very prone to understeer due to the poor weight distribution, I find the CVT annoying, the - augmented by limited windshield wiper coverage - blind spot at the driver's A pillar is terrible. The trunk hinges are the invasive kind which is unacceptable to me. There is no mechanical key hole for the trunk. I have many more complaints about it but no room to include them all.

I do like the keyless ignition/ door locks. Although the engine is inadequate and the CVT annoying, the fuel mileage is very good.

This car seems like it was thrown together from a Nissan spare parts bin. I owned a first generation Altima which I loved and still miss. In my opinion, it was a much more fun and solid car. My only suggestion would to rethink this whole vehicle. Scrap this design and start over again. I've had many new vehicles over the years and still cannot believe how poor this vehicle is as compared to other great vehicles in the Nissan stables. Reminds me of a 90's era Ford Taurus.

Commuter
By altimabb

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my car since 6/24/11 and it had 100 miles on it at purchase. It now has aprox 23k due to the fact that I'm a highway commuter of aprox 100 miles/day. I have found this car to be very comfortable & convenient for my long drive. I live in Missouri so, I experience all types of weather and I must say the car does great in the snow, ice, rain, cools & heats fast, etc. When we had a lot of snow and also when we had ice this past winter I went into a parking lot & attempted to just see what she could take. It handled very well & the traction control did an awesome job at correcting itself. The bumps can be a little rough sometimes but overall I love it.

Back up camera, XM Radio, Dual Climate Control, Bluetooth, etc

Moon roof/Sunroof Controls had a rattle due to not a defect with not being attached enough to the roof if that makes sense but, this has been corrected. They said most likely due to shipping.