2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: 2010 Altima Brake Failure

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2010 Altima Brake Failure
By Miss-taken on

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a 2010 Altima SL on 8-4-2010 and 6 weeks later it was in the shop for over a week for brake failure. Tech had no clue what was wrong. Had to call Nissan to diagnose. Turns out bad break booster in a brand new car! Everyone, including a mechanic says they wouldn't trust the car and I don't. This shouldn't have happened to a new car! Tried to trade, but the dealer I bought it from said it lost $6000.00 in equity in 3 months! Now I'm stuck paying on a car I'm terrified to drive. My bank feels horrible and approved me for a new loan, but because of the loss of equity, I can't get a new car to book and thats the requirement for the loan. Big price to pay for a driveway ornament.

Suggested Improvements

Inspect the brake system thoroughly before letting it off the assembly line.
By jo1989
on 03/29/12 08:49 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem with my nissan altima! brake boosters come with problems! my friend also had the same problem! but our cars were under warranty! so we took it to the dealer we bought them and had new ones installed! no charge since it was under warranty! 6 months after repair the car is doing magnificent!

By kriscamp
on 01/06/11 16:25 PM (PST)

I also have a 2010 Altima, with brake trouble, I bought the car in 12/09 and within 2 months of buying the car I started noticing that there was a problem with the brakes, they would squeel and then lock up very abruptly and the problem has only gotten worse. Been to the dealership multiple times for them to tell me there is no problem, even had the main guy from nissan come after I got a lawyer and it sounded great he said the things I told him reminded him of a few things that needed changed (brake booster and others) they kept my car for 2 days and didnt do a thing to it. Needless to say this will be the last Nissan I ever purchase.