2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
hmm
By carguy2011 on 04/21/11 11:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It looks great and probably the best for the money, but. Question the CVT transmission, it sticks going up or down hill. Has issues after a sudden stop. It stays in the gear that it was last in... Windshield and paint dont hold well and chip easily.

Enjoy the car so far
By ajl7 on 03/22/11 08:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at a lot of car before choosing the Altima. All the big players (Camry,Accord,Fusion) the newcomers (Kizashi, new Optima). I also considered the new Ford Fiesta, Chevy Cruze, Mazda 3 and the Sentra.Also, I looked at Honda Insight and Prius. I was looking to lease a car for "cheap" (under 250/mo all costs included) and in the end, the Altima won out for a few reasons. Overall, it was the best all around car for the money I wanted to spend. (I write this in March 2011 for a 2010 car. My lease deal was through Nissan but through the local dealer because they had new 2010's to get rid of. Same car as the '11, but I got a "sign and drive" deal.)

A Lemon
By Unhappy Mike on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We like the car when we bought it. At 1300 miles, the car wouldn't start, required AAA to come out. Dealership changed the brake switch ("common problem" with this car), and the problem recurred the same day. Two days later happened a third time and had to be towed in... Dealership is trying to make it right, but they clearly don't know how: lemon. Have owned two prior maximas - and gotten great, reliable service from them, but not this one.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Roni on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought my new 2010 Altima. I had been driving a 2005 Sentra for the last 6 years. I wanted an upgrade and more safety for my 9 year old daughter. Altima has a 5 star rating for safety, lots of standard safety features. I love the Nissan line. The Altima is just a fabulous car. It's stylish, classy, has substance and handles like a dream. I would recommend this car to anyone. If you're shopping for a classy looking, safety packed, drives like a dream car, please GO TEST DRIVE ONE TODAY!

2010 Altima Brake Failure
By Miss-taken on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a 2010 Altima SL on 8-4-2010 and 6 weeks later it was in the shop for over a week for brake failure. Tech had no clue what was wrong. Had to call Nissan to diagnose. Turns out bad break booster in a brand new car! Everyone, including a mechanic says they wouldn't trust the car and I don't. This shouldn't have happened to a new car! Tried to trade, but the dealer I bought it from said it lost $6000.00 in equity in 3 months! Now I'm stuck paying on a car I'm terrified to drive. My bank feels horrible and approved me for a new loan, but because of the loss of equity, I can't get a new car to book and thats the requirement for the loan. Big price to pay for a driveway ornament.

I love my Altima.
By Oreo on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

GREAT CAR! Would definitely recommend it! The seating is very comfortable in comparison to the Honda Accord and Volkswagen Jetta. The car goes really smoothly. I love it. I've had the car for one year now, and I've never had any problem with it yet.

Love my Nissan
By Nissanmotorhead on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Altima. My first was a 2007 2.5S. I currently have a 2010 3.5SR. Love this car from to end to end. Great car for entry level performance combined with enough space for friends and family.

The jury is still out
By tmagman1 on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read many reviews on this website, and saw where the Altima received really good ratings. I bought the basic model a few months ago. So far I can't say I'm impressed. If you need horsepower, you better keep looking. You won't find it with this car. And with the unique transmission that seems to gear down on take off, the car seems to have even less horsepower. If you need to step on the gas, get ready for a loud roar from the engine noise. It ain't pretty. Sounds like a darned airplane about to take off. I purchased the car brand new. You know the economics of buying a new car, so I'll lose my big time if I trade.

Sports car for seniors
By STNCK on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a 2008 Subaru Outback wagon (turbo). Red leather is a great change from black. A real nice drive with a good ride and plenty of features.

Noisy
By John on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Only have 3000 miles on this car. Transmission is noisy till it hits cruising speed. Road noise is terrible. Replaced orignal tires to see if that was the problem, but the noise level is still there and I am out $700 for tires. My Toyota Tacoma pickup is quieter than this car. If you want a quiet car don't buy this one. Be sure you drive it on a chip sealed road before you buy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$125 per month*