Used 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I love this car
By altimaguy

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I narrowed my decision down to the 3.5 Altima vs. the 3.5 Accord. I drove both several times. While the Accord drove nice and had a little more back seat room, the Altima was a little zippier and had more fun technology for a little bit lower price.

Favorite Features

nav system Rear-view camera BlueTooth Streaming audio

Suggested Improvements

none

First time Nissan owner
By percboy

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 38 years driving conventional automatics and standard transmissions, the CVT took a little adjustment-your brain is so used to that sensation of shift points, that the smoothness of the CVT is strange. But after almost 1200 miles, I've come to really like it and enjoy it's performance- responsive and fun to drive. The manual mode is is a nice feature, when need to pass or just feel nostalgic. The styling is top notch, inside and out, with sl package you get a bunch of great features that add a lot of luxury for the price. Love the leather seating and automatic dual climate control! Gas mileage is great- averaging 28 mpg. I am impressed with how quiet and smooth the car is on all road conditions.

Favorite Features

The CVT trans, exterior and interior styling, solid feel, fit and finish all around, dual exhaust tips, push button start,excellent brake balance and a just right combination of sport/luxury in a family sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Loose the goose-neck trunk hinges! How Stone-age. Not fitting for a car at this level. I agree-the option packages need improvement. I wanted fog lights, but didn't want the tech. Package. So I had them installed as an accessory for $375 complete. Go with the all weather floor mats as well- a perfect fit

Extremely Happy
By Kathy

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle on 7/3 best buy great deal I couldn't be happier. I didn't start out looking at the Altima but I kind of stumbled upon it in my search and I am so glad I did. This car has so much class and style I'm amazed at the performance. I purchased it in Navy Blue with the blond leather interior and I gotta tell you it's a head turner.

Favorite Features

CVT engine, leather interior, sunroof lumbar seats I can go on and on. I really love everything about this car.

Suggested Improvements

I really can't think of anything.

Death at 163 miles
By MADCONSUMER

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Picked up 2010 Altima with 4 miles on it. Car dies on the way home with 163 miles total. I know that this can happen, and I'm not mad about the car breaking down as much as I am about the warranty company not helping me. I am responsible to pay for the rental. I am responsible for any miles over 35 towed and I am 100 miles away from home. The dealership will not give me a courtesy vehicle cause I did not purchase it from them. No rental company open. Basically Nissan proved to me that they will not stand behind their product and since they left us 100 miles away from home without a care, I will make sure that everyone I know never goes with Nissan.

Suggested Improvements

Customer service. The economy is low, so when someone puts the amount it costs to purchase a car into your company. Treat them as though they matter.

Great Initial Assessment
By Archman

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My wife and I were looking for a midsized sedan since we have a grandchild coming in a couple of months. We considered the Altima, Camry, Legacy, Mazda6, & Sonata. It must have the following: good comfortable ride, quiet, good fuel economy, & roomy. That was the dilemma. All of the cars that we considered as noted above can meet those requirements. So we dug deeper. We loved the CVT and the quietness it brought. So it was down to the Subaru and Nissan. Then July 4th weekend sale sealed the deal with the Nissan with up to $2k off with your own financing was great. Additional feature that we love is the smart key and push button start, absolutely wonderful. Highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Absolutely love the CVT & Smart key feature with the push button start. Love the dual exhaust as it finishes the look (only Sonata SE had it with the four cylinders). Handling feel is better than most of the midsized sedan that I test drove.

Suggested Improvements

Not as quiet as the Toyota but can be addressed with additional sound deadening materials. Any car that goes out the door over $20k should have CD/MP3/WMA as a standard feature along with alloy wheels. "Finally" have a better way to get the feature set that you want and make it more affordable.