2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Impressive
By Trevor on 02/02/10 04:45 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Turned in my 07 Murano after my Lease was about to end and decided to go for a Sedan. Thought I would suffer from Sedan shock and on leaving the Dealership I was in total comfort driving the Altima. this is the SL with the Technology package. Excellent Nav system and for a Four, its peppy. Easy, smooth and fun to drive.

Great Altima
By rhino20 on 01/28/10 19:01 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

A fun car to drive with a 4 cylinder that acts more like a 6. Great handling...takes curves at high speeds staying flat and giving great feel of road. I have had the 2.5SL for about 1 1/2 months and have put 1400 miles on it. Love the car so far and the gas mileage is very good...25+ in city and 35 on interstate. If it proves to be as reliable as my Hondas of the past, I will be back to Nissan in the future. If not, then back to Honda.

Sorry I left Nissan
By Altima_Guy on 01/27/10 03:39 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was a loyal Nissan customer for years until a bad experience with a particular dealership. I had previously driven Altimas, but went outside the company and went with a competitor's SUV. With gas prices being so unpredictable in the short and long term, I decided to go back to Nissan and get into an Altima to save some money. You get alot for your money with the Altima and Nissan has always been more straight-forward with their financing/leases than Honda who charges whatever they want for leasing ignoring their own great residual values. I'm back with Nissan for good and I'm looking forward to a predictable great experience with my new Altima.

Great Family Sedan
By MikeO on 01/12/10 13:51 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First sedan I have owned in 25 years of owning vehicles, and we've been very pleased with it after 4+ months and 6,000+ miles. The SL is incredibly smooth, quick and quiet for a 4-banger, though the engine noise does come through upon hard acceleration. Have taken the car on 9+ hour rides serveral times now - no issues with comfort (we did get the SL version with leather seats). We have consistently gotten great mileage 34-36 mpg hwy (@ 65+mph) and 25+mpg City. We do miss sitting up high like in our SUV's, but otherwise it's a great car. Virtually no torque steer, steering is responsive.

Awesome Car
By Tony C. on 01/11/10 07:44 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchase this car last night and this car is such a joy to drive. The ride is awesome the quality of the car is tremendous.I traded a 97 crown vic for this car and there is absolutely no comparison. I like the fact that the more efficient I drive the further I can go on a tank of fuel.

So Far So Great!
By grampa on 01/06/10 16:24 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Have only had the car about a week (100 or so miles) but loving it so far. Excellent acceleration, braking, and handling; beautiful exterior and interior design. Will update review as necessary.

Sweet ride
By AliceBettyAnna on 12/30/09 08:30 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the 2010 Altima 3.5 SR (V6) with the Premium, Sport and Technology packages. I generally buy my cars brand new, maintain them well and keep them for 10 plus years.So far, driving this for ten years would be a pleasure.

New Altima almost there
By Al on 12/27/09 11:10 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am a sales rep and have driven my new Altima 800 miles . The drivers seat is not comfortable after an hour on the road. It needs more padding and a lumbar adjustment available as standard features on other cars. Nissan wants you to buy leather seats to get a lumbar feature. The stereo on the 2.5 s has speakers that distort easy. The back window trim panels on my car developed bubbles after a week of owning the car. Dealer has to remove and repair them. Shouldn't happen on a new car. Test drive this car for a while before making a deal! Your back may thank you!

Great car and better value
By V6Altima on 12/26/09 21:59 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased the Altima 3.5 SR after comparing to the Mazda 6 GT and Nissan Maxima. In my opinion, the quality, feature set, and performance rival the Maxima, but at a significantly lower price point. The CVT has been flawless, as well as the overall functioning of the vehicle. The V6 is quite refined, and a pleasure to accelerate on the freeway. Smooth ride and quiet cabin, even with the sport-tuned suspension on the SR. Regular (87) gas is a welcomed upgrade from the 09 V6. Fit and finish were above average in my opinion, with a very attractive, yet mature interior cabin. Navigation is by far the best I have used, and the new for '10 iPod interface is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition.

The Perfect Car
By PETER on 12/21/09 11:58 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The new 2010 Altima is everything i have ever looked for in a car, sporty styling, fun to drive. and the price was better than The Honda or Toyota. My insurance is lower on the Altima too!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$127 per month*