2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Not as good MPG as I thought
By bk_furman on 04/01/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Compared several midsize cars before I bought an Altima 2.5 S in Ocean Gray. Something about the design and drive of the car won me over. Also add in the fact that JD Power gave the 2009 the nod in quality and Consumer Digest gave the 2010 it's top honor in midsize sedans. The vehicle is deceptively roomy. Back seats have plenty of space for my teenage sons and I have plenty of leg room to drive. I fit in the seat like a glove and the new changes for 2010 make the Altima feel like a sports car. My only complaint is the gas mileage. I am not even at 20 MPG. I am now on my 3rd tank of gas and hope to start getting at least 25 MPG, but I don't think I will get it. Not sure why.

So Far So Great! (Cont'd)
By grampa on 03/22/10 10:19 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Update from previous (1/6/10) review:Now have over 5000 miles on our Altima, including road trips (1000+miles). Still totally in love with the car! Gorgeous looking inside and out; handles great; mileage as advertised or better: high 20s in town; low-to-mid 30s hwy.(65-70 MPH, no AC) according to dashboard indicator, which I hope is correct.

Nissan Altima Review--an okay car
By tmagman1 on 03/21/10 15:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really didn't have nor did I want to spend a great deal of money on a car. I test drove the Mazda 3 and the Hyundai Elantra. The Hyundia actually did pretty well. I decided to give the Altima a shot. It wasn't a bad ride, and a decent value for what you get. My biggest complaint is the horsepower. I believe 175 hp is low for a car this size. The new Hyundia Sonata offers a 198 hp engine and will give the Altima a run for its money. In my opinion the engine is relatively loud during acceleration. While cruising the engine is quiet, but during take off this engine is very loud.

Best Kept Secret for a Mid Sport Sedan
By Steve Breen on 03/18/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife, who was tired of the SUV thing and wanted a "car". We wanted to get as much car as possible for around 30k, and it seemed our tastes gravitated towards cars near the 40k range (BMW 335, Lexus, etc). We considered used, but really wanted a car to hold on to for a while. Enter the Altima 3.5 SR. I was blown away with how much car you can get for the money. With everything except the Nav, this thing is well short of 30k. And it's a LOT of car for that money. Handles well (just slight understeer if you are going nuts), willing, torquey engine and the CVT -- which I really thought would be weird -- just seems natural. Awesome interior - well, thought out.

1500 miles and counting
By Alex B on 03/16/10 20:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I went with the 2.5 engine with the SL package. The Bose system is nice, but with low bass, the resonance is fairly bad and it sounded like something was loose in the right rear when going over decent sized bumps in the road. The dealership had it for 7 days and couldn't find the issue. A new car shouldn't have that kind of a problem. The performance of the 4 banger is quite good and I've average 27mpg overall. I've found the leather seats to be quite comfortable. The car is quiet in the cabin at highway speeds and fairly smooth riding as well, while remaining sporty for the price you pay. My only complaint is the noise from the back.

Best in Class
By BSM on 03/13/10 11:40 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am 39 years old and when driving this car I enjoy the same feeling I had as a teenager driving my first car. Although we bought it as a family car (traded in a 2009 Toyota Sienna), it looks, feels, and drives like a fun, sporty car. Handles great, quiet ride, Acceleration is impressive, better than any of the other 4- cylinders we tested, & we are happy with it. The interior design and quality is by far the best in it's class. We tested Sonata, Camry, & Accord; we liked the Altima the best because of the quality of the interior products & the standard features were more generous than the Camry or Accord. Paid $18,995 for a base 2.5 S , & I've never felt so gratified after a new car purchase

I love my Altima!
By I love my Altima! on 03/12/10 12:24 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I needed to get out of my Chevy Tahoe which was costing me over $450 a month in gas.I read an article about how the Altima sedan won as best family sedan for 2010 in 10 categories. Safety,reliability and a fun car to drive were important factors in my search.I loved my test drive so much, with the feel of the CVT, that I knew it was the car for me.Since driving it for 3 weeks I am so very satisfied.I would have had to fill up the Tahoe 3 times since then, and I haven't needed to fill it up yet! My car payment is much less than what gas alone used to cost me!

Our Second Altima
By danner on 02/23/10 16:36 PM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Really a great car for the money, Nice performance and ride, We got the leather and sport package. We are very happy with this car

Amazing car!
By Abhi on 02/19/10 07:25 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Amazing car as compared to others in the same class/category. Very smooth & comfortable ride. I am the first time Nissan buyer, but I am impressed.

Poor Final Inspection
By Wayne on 02/15/10 06:35 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We Love the style and performance. Mileage is as advertised. The rear seat had a Leather back(They want to take it out after we purchased) Not gonna happen. I noticed yesterday that the Driver side muffler had a part burned off with a torch?? It has rusted, seems strange after reading all the Measures taken to prevent Rust. The Driver side Windshield washer is stopped up.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$125 per month*