Used 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Still running great after 140k miles
By Kevin

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Easily the best car I have ever owned, and this is my 12th car. The only issue so far was a replacement window motor on the passenger side, that the warranty covered. The car is not burning any oil, unlike my previous 05 altima.

I bought the car new, and have used synthetic blend oil changes at 3750 mi intervals. Love the bose audio.

Owned 3 years, treated me well!
By Matt Sargent

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Altima certified pre-owned and drove it for 3 years. This little car was VERY good to me, couldn't have asked for a better vehicle. I will say the engine was a little loud especially on the highway, or when you were pushing it to get to speed. Outside of the occasional noise though I had absolutely zero problems.... the only thing I ever had to put into the car was oil changes, tires, and brakes. If you are looking for reliable transportation this is it. Also just to note, the trunk space is HUGE, I have hauled soooo many things in this vehicle and each time to my shock and dismay they always fit. I would definetly recommend this vehicle, after owning this I am a Nissan fan for life, in fact I just bought a brand new one.

Beware of the CVT
By considerate128

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car used with 50k miles on it. After about 6 months I noticed a rattle sound from the transmission at low speeds @1,500 rpms. I did some research and it sounds like it's a common thing for their transmissions. I was very disappointed and the cost to repair looked to be steep. I knew there were mixed opinions about the transmission and I wanted to give it a chance. Last Saturday a truck rear ended me, totaling the car. It may be a blessing in disguise due to the transmission needing repair and I was able to go out and get something else. I will not buy another Nissan again if it uses the CVT technology.

Spacious, well built cabin Interior/exterior design Keyless entry Push button start

CVT is still very questionable technology

Built to a price
By wbed

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am getting increasingly worried about keeping this vehicle. At 74,000kms/50,000 miles I have incurred a repair bill of $2,400 for the replacement of the power steering pump and rack. It was conveniently just out of warranty. Never in an accident. The transmission reliability scares me as Nissan go out of their way to make it impossible to
have anything fixed under warranty. Nissan has slipped down the JD Power survey to the high teens as they are building cheaper and cheaper cars. You now get the reliability of a domestic with the parts cost of a Japanese car. Worst of both worlds. Be prepared for negative equity as there's a flood of these on the market - resale is really low.

It's blue.

Buy a Hyundai or equivalent brand that is trying to build a reputation for reliability. Nissan is on the descendancy.

Reliable, roomy, & fun 4dr sedan
By jona57

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After much research, I bought 10 Altima loaded with SL package.
Well-balanced near-luxury sedan with these options.
Smooth, quiet ride but also sharp handling (for family sedan) and fun to drive.
After 4+ trouble-free years, my worst complaint (as for most midsize cars) is that front passenger seat is not height adjustable.

Handling Fuel economy Quiet Smooth ride Versatile cargo capacity w/fold down seat Bose stereo

FULLY adjustable front passenger's seat. More rear seat headroom for tall adults.