2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Nice for the price.
By value_driven on 09/07/11 16:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Altima new, 13 months & 6200 miles ago. I have not taken it to the dealer for anything but 2 oil changes. This is the first car or truck that I have owned that had no defects! I car shopped for 3 years[2007-2010]. During that time period I drove Accords, Camrys, and Sonatas. I almost bought a 2011 Sonata. My Altima was exactly as I wanted; color, options, price. I got a big discount, $0 down, and 0% financing for 60 months! The V-6 is nice! The controls are easy to use. The speedo and tach are easy to read and nicely illuminated. I enjoy driving it. I would drive it more but my main ride is a 1993 T-100 that I bought new and now has 200,000 miles. I like my Altima a lot!

Love my Nissan
By Nissanmotorhead on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Altima. My first was a 2007 2.5S. I currently have a 2010 3.5SR. Love this car from to end to end. Great car for entry level performance combined with enough space for friends and family.

Great value and a lot of fun
By Tony on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wanted V6, Leather, Bluetooth in a mid sized or slighty larger sedan. Did not include luxury sedans (Audi A4/BMW 3 series/Lexus ES/Infiniti G37/Acura). Test drove all the usual suspects (Camry, Avalon, Accord, Focus, Taurus, Mazda 6, passat, Milan, Malibu, Impala, lacrosse, and maxima). Chose the altima 3.5sr. Handles great, powerful engine, smooth transmission, loaded with options for the money. I got the premium and sport package option. Msrp was 30,195 and got it for 26,200 before ttl at end of year close out on 2010 models. I should note I have been driving Toyota Camry xle v6's for 17 years. To be honest the altima build quality is better than Toyota Camry right now in my opinion.

Good deal
By CAR CRAZY on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for a month and half and let me tell you I traded my 2010 Nissan maxima for this car and it's all worth it! The fuel economy it's amazing! Last long trip was for 350 miles round trip and I got 33 mpg! For a v6 this is very good. Pros:gas mileage, power, sport pkg, xenon lights, fun to drive, low co$t maintenance, reg grade gas and much more. Cons: noisy cheap tires, black interior and cheap stereo for the price of the car.

Sports Car without Sports Car Cost
By Evan on 09/01/10 07:30 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I may be biased having previously owned a 2005 Altima, but I love this car. After 6000 miles I haven't noticed any difference in the driving from mile 1. It can be fuel efficient, or really give me that extra boost when I want to cut it loose. Bottom Line, this is a great car for individuals or for families looking for a little fun from their everyday sedan.

2010 3.5SR update
By nissanboy on 08/27/10 22:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great Car when Brand New! Currently have 11500 miles and now I have plenty of rattles along with road noise. Engine performs well without any problems, but it struggles to meet my performance(speed) expectations. Had previous VQ35DE engines and loved them all, but this one is not performing as I hoped. Hit the gas from a stop car takes off, give it gas @ 60 mph the car creeps to 80 mph. I noticed that this VQ does not require 93 octane maybe thats the problem. Car works fine and all of the gadgets seem to work as designed i.e. Navi, Bluetooth, HID lights, AC. I strongly suggest nissan improve the paint because it scratches and chips easily. No way did these cars go through 5000 test as advertised.

Great Car!
By zekem on 08/26/10 14:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the 2010 3.5 SR V6 black on black fully loaded (tech pkg, sport pkg, etc) about a month ago. Totally love it. It drives great. Nissan did a great job on the exterior design touches; it looks a lot nicer than the Accord and Camry.

Terrific car even @ $8k more
By Sbone on 08/06/10 07:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Really like this car, having looked at Honda, Subaru, Volvo, and others. In the end the finalists were the Altima and the Infiniti G37x (really). I actually like to exterior of the Altima better, with the interior nod to the G37. The Altima gives me fold- down rear seats, better fuel economy and oh, by the way was over $10k less. I may miss the AWD on a few days here in CO, but my snow tires will help. I was very surprised at how unwilling the Infiniti dealers were to discount the 2010's even with their lots full and the 2011's arriving in Sept. Oh well, good for us, and I'll pocket the $10k, thank you very much!

I love this car
By altimaguy on 07/28/10 23:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I narrowed my decision down to the 3.5 Altima vs. the 3.5 Accord. I drove both several times. While the Accord drove nice and had a little more back seat room, the Altima was a little zippier and had more fun technology for a little bit lower price.

Death at 163 miles
By MADCONSUMER on 07/10/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Picked up 2010 Altima with 4 miles on it. Car dies on the way home with 163 miles total. I know that this can happen, and I'm not mad about the car breaking down as much as I am about the warranty company not helping me. I am responsible to pay for the rental. I am responsible for any miles over 35 towed and I am 100 miles away from home. The dealership will not give me a courtesy vehicle cause I did not purchase it from them. No rental company open. Basically Nissan proved to me that they will not stand behind their product and since they left us 100 miles away from home without a care, I will make sure that everyone I know never goes with Nissan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*