Used 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

noisy
By lato

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

this engine is very noisy

good acceleration. and push button to start the engine

Not recommended
By mackyd

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been living with my Altima 2.5 Sedan for over a year now and I will never have another. I can only describe it as a car for people who don't like driving. Dangerously underpowered, the most uncomfortable front seats I've ever encountered in a modern vehicle, many rattles and squeaks from the interior and exterior, very prone to understeer due to the poor weight distribution, I find the CVT annoying, the - augmented by limited windshield wiper coverage - blind spot at the driver's A pillar is terrible. The trunk hinges are the invasive kind which is unacceptable to me. There is no mechanical key hole for the trunk. I have many more complaints about it but no room to include them all.

I do like the keyless ignition/ door locks. Although the engine is inadequate and the CVT annoying, the fuel mileage is very good.

This car seems like it was thrown together from a Nissan spare parts bin. I owned a first generation Altima which I loved and still miss. In my opinion, it was a much more fun and solid car. My only suggestion would to rethink this whole vehicle. Scrap this design and start over again. I've had many new vehicles over the years and still cannot believe how poor this vehicle is as compared to other great vehicles in the Nissan stables. Reminds me of a 90's era Ford Taurus.

A Lemon
By Unhappy Mike

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We like the car when we bought it. At 1300 miles, the car wouldn't start, required AAA to come out. Dealership changed the brake switch ("common problem" with this car), and the problem recurred the same day. Two days later happened a third time and had to be towed in... Dealership is trying to make it right, but they clearly don't know how: lemon. Have owned two prior maximas - and gotten great, reliable service from them, but not this one.

Smell of Coolant Already
By mongo

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm enjoying my new car, but I recently noticed the smell of coolant after driving it with the a/c on. I did an online search & found other Nissan owners experiencing the same issue. I haven't taken my car in for an inspection, but after reading some posts, it's unlikely they'll find a problem right away. I stress over the fact that I paid a hefty price to buy a new car so I wouldn't have to worry about mechanical issues for awhile & now this has come up. However, no other issues so far.

Handling. Sporty look.

Change interior fabric which looks cheap & is clinging to lint. Hyundai uses a better fabric & combines leather or vinyl trim w/fabric for a custom look & seemingly more durable interior. Replace fabric on door's grab pocket & elbow rest w/leather or vinyl to allow easy cleaning & is longer lasting.

Real gas mileage vs. computer reading
By carolina gal

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First- the good stuff. The outside is sleek and attractive-gets lots of compliments. After getting used to CVT transmission, I like the smoothness. Seats are comfortable. The bad stuff: the defrost is awful-tried hot & cold air. Cheap tires-showing wear in < 3000 miles. Radio controls on steering wheel-can turn on & change stations, but can't turn it off (on my husband's Sentra, a step down, you can). Gets decent mileage on trips, but not overall; computer reading says 27 mpg tank average, but the actual is more like 20-21. Oh, & the clunking sound near right front tire when start out- mechanic says it's something resitting. Weird. So- good & bad. Our first Nissan, time will tell.

Intelligent keyless entry, sliding armrest, rear armrest, comfortable seats w/ good thigh support

Better front defrost needed. Put decent tires on new cars. Better radio controls on steering wheel, so it can be turned off there. Realistic mpg computer readings. More color choices- I wanted navy w/ gray interior, which isn't an option on navy, so I had to settle on a different color.