Used 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Still running great after 140k miles
By Kevin

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Easily the best car I have ever owned, and this is my 12th car. The only issue so far was a replacement window motor on the passenger side, that the warranty covered. The car is not burning any oil, unlike my previous 05 altima.

I bought the car new, and have used synthetic blend oil changes at 3750 mi intervals. Love the bose audio.

Great Car for the Price
By Pamela Dean

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Got average 28 mpg while driving 35 mph. Comfortable for driver…not so comfortable for passengers. One key entry went out causing me to be stranded. Could not open trunk without key entry because there is no place to insert the key. Replacing batteries did not fix the "key".

Great car!
By Mark Nolan

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a used 2010 altima 4-door with the 4-cylinder CVT with 100k miles on it. The front seats are very comfortable and the visibility is excellent. The fabric is very nice and has held up well. The driving position is perfect and I really like the power seats. It's so easy to find a comfortable position. Mine has the Bose sound system which is very good. It has XM radio and you can connect your ipod and the songs will show up on the display. The backup camara is a very useful option. It's great for parking or backing up. I really like the interior of the car. It's simple yet stylish. The engine is a little loud when you start it cold. It sounds a little gruff but it runs great and the CVT works excellent. The car could be a little quieter and I'm sure the new ones are. The gas mileage is very commendable (around 26 mpg) and it has a very large gas tank. You can easily go 400 miles between fill ups. I checked out camry, 6, sonata, accord, passat, and malibu. None of them are as comfortable or have as good of visibility and driving position as the altima.

Disappointed with no way out
By Mark

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Being an eager child I thought I'd get a nice bright red 2 door loaded with everything, the Altima was one of the cheaper coupes in the marked and without thinking a traded in my previous car for this one and rolled over almost 2 grand on top of the Altima. Point of the story, I'm stuck with $5000 negative equity because of the cars horrible resale value (even if I hadn't rolled over money I would be $3000 in the hole). And I can't think of a worse car to be stuck with, up or down hills the cvt underperforms, actually, it's always underperfoming but especially then, the 2.5 liter 4 cyl is slow and sluggish just like the cvt, trying to get some acceleration you have take it to 4000 rpms and that itself is a struggle, the car has 61,000 miles and paint is already chipping from the spoiler and front and rear bumpers and the hood, "leather" is peeling off the steering wheel in every spot, the road noise is awful and every interior panel squeaks and rattles (common Nissan problem) I wish I had more characters to complain about the cvt because I could go on for days, but even at high rpms the engine doesn't do much, very disappointing

Owned 3 years, treated me well!
By Matt Sargent

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Altima certified pre-owned and drove it for 3 years. This little car was VERY good to me, couldn't have asked for a better vehicle. I will say the engine was a little loud especially on the highway, or when you were pushing it to get to speed. Outside of the occasional noise though I had absolutely zero problems.... the only thing I ever had to put into the car was oil changes, tires, and brakes. If you are looking for reliable transportation this is it. Also just to note, the trunk space is HUGE, I have hauled soooo many things in this vehicle and each time to my shock and dismay they always fit. I would definetly recommend this vehicle, after owning this I am a Nissan fan for life, in fact I just bought a brand new one.