2010 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
hmm
By carguy2011 on 04/21/11 11:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It looks great and probably the best for the money, but. Question the CVT transmission, it sticks going up or down hill. Has issues after a sudden stop. It stays in the gear that it was last in... Windshield and paint dont hold well and chip easily.

Sports car for seniors
By STNCK on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in a 2008 Subaru Outback wagon (turbo). Red leather is a great change from black. A real nice drive with a good ride and plenty of features.

Noisy
By John on 10/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Only have 3000 miles on this car. Transmission is noisy till it hits cruising speed. Road noise is terrible. Replaced orignal tires to see if that was the problem, but the noise level is still there and I am out $700 for tires. My Toyota Tacoma pickup is quieter than this car. If you want a quiet car don't buy this one. Be sure you drive it on a chip sealed road before you buy.

My 2nd Altima
By SDB on 08/26/10 08:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 2nd Altima. Just traded my 2007 in for the 2010. I guess my only complaint so far is the lack of nav and the position of the chargers. I drive over a 100 miles a day in my commute, the gas mileage is excellent, and the ride is very comfortable. From previous experience, I know if I keep up on my regular maintenance, this car will last well over 100,000 miles. Looking forward to seeing what Nissan does for year 2014, IF I decide to trade!

Altima Coupe, a good choice
By Dukester1a on 06/04/10 06:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The ride is very quiet and comfortable but I'm still getting used to the CVT transmission. I previously owned a 4 cyl. Honda Accord (manual transmission) which had more low end power. Vision is somewhat compromised by the coupe's design. Mirror adjustment is thus important.

Amazing car. going to miss it.
By jools on 05/30/10 17:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SR 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had the Altima Coupe for almost two and a half years and i loved every minute of it. Everything about it was perfect and i did not have a SINGLE problem with it. Also, it saved my life. A couple weeks ago, i got into a pretty horrific accident where a driver in a Ford F150 plowed into me going 55 mph+. Needless to say, the car is totaled. But the important thing is that I was able to walk away from the accident and go home that night. If anyone is worried that this car isn't safe because its small they shouldn't be. i am a perfect example of how safe this car is.

It's early, but this car rocks
By Mr. T. on 05/11/10 12:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm nearing 1,000 miles on a 2010 coupe and have zero complaints. Excellent acceleration and handling, a joy to drive. Test-drove the Mazda 3 and Accord Coupe. The Altima has a much more solid feel than the Mazda -- no comparison really. The Accord was roomier and drove about as nicely as the Altima, but we liked the styling on the Altima better and it cost thousands less than the Accord. The dash layout is a big plus for us -- simple, easy-to-reach controls. Love the CVT trans. Alum alloys are standard on the base model and they are really nice wheels. The back seat is smallish and the trunk space is very limited but these are trade offs we've accepted to get a very sporty looking, fun car.

Accord to Altima
By Pattiee on 04/23/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall a nice car. A bit disappointed in the gas mileage, as I'm only averaging 27. The hardest part is the lack of initial pickup, compared to my Accord, it's pretty bad and my Accord was a 4 cyl too. The other biggest complaint is the seat belt. It is too low on the frame and impedes across the shoulder too much.

Impressed
By bdruggan on 02/06/10 05:37 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am a Nissan fan as I have found that their customer service is tops. So it was not a tough decision when I traded in my 4x4 08 Pathfinder for my 10 Altima Coupe. The same week I got the Coupe, a snow storm hit burying us under no less than a foot of snow. I was concerned about driving the Coupe and wished I still had the Pathfinder. No need to be concerned. The Coupe pulled through the snow like a champ. I love this cars interior design and love the Bose with back up camera. CVT feels odd at first, but give it time. Well done Nissan! By the way, I now have two Altimas, an 09 Sedan and now the 10 Coupe.

Fun to drive
By Yolanda on 02/02/10 07:06 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SR 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We replaced a 2003 V-6 Accord Coupe with the Altima 3.5 SR Coupe (with convenience package and leather package). Factory NAV and the 10GB hard drive hold no value for me. The Altima coupe is performance oriented and way more fun to drive than the Accord. For all intents and purposes, the Altima coupe is a two seater with minimal trunk space. I added the wheel locks and trunk nets. It came with mats, trunk pad and sill plates. 1.9% interest rate was a big plus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe in VA is:

$125 per month*