Used 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Nice for the price.
By value_driven

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my Altima new, 13 months & 6200 miles ago. I have not taken it to the dealer for anything but 2 oil changes. This is the first car or truck that I have owned that had no defects! I car shopped for 3 years[2007-2010]. During that time period I drove Accords, Camrys, and Sonatas. I almost bought a 2011 Sonata. My Altima was exactly as I wanted; color, options, price. I got a big discount, $0 down, and 0% financing for 60 months! The V-6 is nice! The controls are easy to use. The speedo and tach are easy to read and nicely illuminated. I enjoy driving it. I would drive it more but my main ride is a 1993 T-100 that I bought new and now has 200,000 miles. I like my Altima a lot!

Smooth, powerful,[270 horsepower], V-6. Quiet on the inside, especially on the interstate. The controls are easy to see and use. The 3.5SR is nicely equipped on the base model. The brakes are outstanding. There is a lot that I like. While there are a few things I don't like, nothing that for me would have been a dealbreaker!

Tied for number one, the cvt and the base stereo. The cvt takes some getting used to. I like a normal automatic better. The cvt comes with a 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty though. The base stereo is weak. So weak that I am considering replacing it with an aftermarket unit. I did not listen to the factory BOSE stereo that is the only factory installed upgrade. You may find the mpg on the low side. I have averaged 24 mpg exactly since I have owned it. That is with 60% highway, 40% city driving. If gas mileage is most important to you, get a 4 cylinder. Six cylinder Altimas are hard to find that are not loaded with option packages.

Love my Nissan
By Nissanmotorhead

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Altima. My first was a 2007 2.5S. I currently have a 2010 3.5SR. Love this car from to end to end. Great car for entry level performance combined with enough space for friends and family.

CVT transmission unloads a bunch of fun.

New 3.7L V6 with more punch and a lower ride. They should def make an limited edition SE-R. The older models weren't worth buying.

Great value and a lot of fun
By Tony

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Wanted V6, Leather, Bluetooth in a mid sized or slighty larger sedan. Did not include luxury sedans (Audi A4/BMW 3 series/Lexus ES/Infiniti G37/Acura). Test drove all the usual suspects (Camry, Avalon, Accord, Focus, Taurus, Mazda 6, passat, Milan, Malibu, Impala, lacrosse, and maxima). Chose the altima 3.5sr. Handles great, powerful engine, smooth transmission, loaded with options for the money. I got the premium and sport package option. Msrp was 30,195 and got it for 26,200 before ttl at end of year close out on 2010 models. I should note I have been driving Toyota Camry xle v6's for 17 years. To be honest the altima build quality is better than Toyota Camry right now in my opinion.

Handling. Engine response. Build quality.

Suspension is sport tuned and firm, but a bit too stiff on bumpy roads at times. Passenger seat should be power also with the Premium and Sport package option.

Good deal
By CAR CRAZY

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had this car for a month and half and let me tell you I traded my 2010 Nissan maxima for this car and it's all worth it! The fuel economy it's amazing! Last long trip was for 350 miles round trip and I got 33 mpg! For a v6 this is very good. Pros:gas mileage, power, sport pkg, xenon lights, fun to drive, low co$t maintenance, reg grade gas and much more. Cons: noisy cheap tires, black interior and cheap stereo for the price of the car.

Gas mileage, power, sport pkg, xenon lights, fun to drive, low co$t maintenance, reg grade gas and much more.

use continental tires for a quieter ride and better stereo and more interior color options on the SR models. forget about the CVT trany bring the old conventional transmission back PLEASE!

Sports Car without Sports Car Cost
By Evan

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I may be biased having previously owned a 2005 Altima, but I love this car. After 6000 miles I haven't noticed any difference in the driving from mile 1. It can be fuel efficient, or really give me that extra boost when I want to cut it loose. Bottom Line, this is a great car for individuals or for families looking for a little fun from their everyday sedan.

Sunroof, Xenon Headlights, Stereo Controls on Steering Wheel. V-6 Engine, this was a must and it surely lives up to the billing as one of the best engines on the market today.

Nissan needs to take a look at their competitors and price their upgrade options accordingly. I wanted IPod integration but had to settle for the Auxiliary input because of the price.