2010 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
noisy
By lato on 01/07/13 09:22 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

this engine is very noisy

Not recommended
By mackyd on 07/29/11 10:04 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've been living with my Altima 2.5 Sedan for over a year now and I will never have another. I can only describe it as a car for people who don't like driving. Dangerously underpowered, the most uncomfortable front seats I've ever encountered in a modern vehicle, many rattles and squeaks from the interior and exterior, very prone to understeer due to the poor weight distribution, I find the CVT annoying, the - augmented by limited windshield wiper coverage - blind spot at the driver's A pillar is terrible. The trunk hinges are the invasive kind which is unacceptable to me. There is no mechanical key hole for the trunk. I have many more complaints about it but no room to include them all.

A Lemon
By Unhappy Mike on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

We like the car when we bought it. At 1300 miles, the car wouldn't start, required AAA to come out. Dealership changed the brake switch ("common problem" with this car), and the problem recurred the same day. Two days later happened a third time and had to be towed in... Dealership is trying to make it right, but they clearly don't know how: lemon. Have owned two prior maximas - and gotten great, reliable service from them, but not this one.

Smell of Coolant Already
By mongo on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'm enjoying my new car, but I recently noticed the smell of coolant after driving it with the a/c on. I did an online search & found other Nissan owners experiencing the same issue. I haven't taken my car in for an inspection, but after reading some posts, it's unlikely they'll find a problem right away. I stress over the fact that I paid a hefty price to buy a new car so I wouldn't have to worry about mechanical issues for awhile & now this has come up. However, no other issues so far.

Real gas mileage vs. computer reading
By carolina gal on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

First- the good stuff. The outside is sleek and attractive-gets lots of compliments. After getting used to CVT transmission, I like the smoothness. Seats are comfortable. The bad stuff: the defrost is awful-tried hot & cold air. Cheap tires-showing wear in < 3000 miles. Radio controls on steering wheel-can turn on & change stations, but can't turn it off (on my husband's Sentra, a step down, you can). Gets decent mileage on trips, but not overall; computer reading says 27 mpg tank average, but the actual is more like 20-21. Oh, & the clunking sound near right front tire when start out- mechanic says it's something resitting. Weird. So- good & bad. Our first Nissan, time will tell.

Seating Problem
By DK46 on 08/08/10 18:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have recently taken a 600+ mile trip in my new 2010 Altima. I felt the driver's seat not to be as comfortable as my former '02 Altima. But, the worst part was seating in the front passenger seat. That seat was made too low to the floor and too short for anyone over 5'2". There is no leg support, which tends to cause your back to tighten up. To sit without pain, you must extend your legs forward as far as they will go. Has anyone else experienced this problem? DK46

Nissan Altima 2010
By nissan on 07/31/10 18:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Smooth, excellent engineering. The best car I have ever driven in the last 23 years.

First time Nissan owner
By percboy on 07/23/10 07:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

After 38 years driving conventional automatics and standard transmissions, the CVT took a little adjustment-your brain is so used to that sensation of shift points, that the smoothness of the CVT is strange. But after almost 1200 miles, I've come to really like it and enjoy it's performance- responsive and fun to drive. The manual mode is is a nice feature, when need to pass or just feel nostalgic. The styling is top notch, inside and out, with sl package you get a bunch of great features that add a lot of luxury for the price. Love the leather seating and automatic dual climate control! Gas mileage is great- averaging 28 mpg. I am impressed with how quiet and smooth the car is on all road conditions.

Extremely Happy
By Kathy on 07/21/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle on 7/3 best buy great deal I couldn't be happier. I didn't start out looking at the Altima but I kind of stumbled upon it in my search and I am so glad I did. This car has so much class and style I'm amazed at the performance. I purchased it in Navy Blue with the blond leather interior and I gotta tell you it's a head turner.

2010 Altima 4 Cyl. CVT SL
By Daniel F Spies on 06/10/10 05:42 AM (PDT)

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The overall performance is great. I do not like rattles however we found that the sun-roof sliding door will rattle when it is fully closed. The rattle goes away when it is partially or fully open (not the sun-roof itself, only the sliding interior door). I have overcome this problem and found that I really like the car. The get up and go is there when you need it. The CVT transmission provides excellent fuel mileage while maintaining low RPM balanced through the assist of the computer. This car handles very nice through curves on the road. The brake distribution appears to be proportioned perfectly from the front to the rear without unwanted jerky movements. I strongly recommend buying a

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Nissan Altima in VA is:

$127 per month*