2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Worst transmission, engine, an

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

Worst transmission, engine, and noise
By jb68902 on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I don't actually own an Altima (thank God), however, a friend of mine has one and I honestly hate it more than any other midsized car sold in America. The car uses what I consider to be the worst transmission offered on any car, anywhere. That, combined with the engine, produces mediocre power, lazy throttle acceleration, and the absolute worst engine noise conceivable. Combine that with an EXTREMELY outdated exterior/interior, unbearable rear seats, a mediocre sound system, and a lack of joy, and you are left with what is quite possibly the worst midsized car sold today. Seriously, I hate that CVT transmission. The transmission takes what little power there is and reduces it to nothing.

Spacious cabin.

Transmission, styling, engine, and handling.
By giorgos2
on 04/22/11 13:22 PM (PDT)

I bought the 2009 Altima in March 2009. It is by far the CRAPPIEST car I ever owned (among 10+ cars). Extremely noisy cabin, gas-alcoholic, , rides uncomfortably, issues with transmission, touchy brakes, cheaply-made interior, seals already weathered, very noisy while accelerating, etc, etc., ohh and not to mention the much higher insurance-premiums Nissan owners have to pay for such a piece of crap. CVT is totally worthless - it truly subtracts any little value this vehicle has. The only positive attribute I can talk about is the style of the car, and outside shape/contours, which were quite a big factor in choosing it - I still think it has a great look (as most Nissans do). All in all. I sure did make a mistake buying the crappy Nissan - should have bought the '09 Camry Have put less than 5,000 miles (because I don't like to drive it) - still driving my 1999 Camry (has over 200K miles and put 15K every year). Never will I again look into freaking Nissan... never get burnt again!

By vkmaxima
on 03/09/11 21:50 PM (PST)

The Altima is far from underpowered.

By hrderby60
on 12/14/10 15:59 PM (PST)

You appear to really like these cars. :)