2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Sporty-looking, elegant car fo

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Sporty-looking, elegant car for grownups
By Larry on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This coupe is a fine-looking car. I got the Slate color, which is a really nice and elegant color, looks much better than white. Classy car that looks sporty without hanging a silly spoiler on the trunk. Have gotten lots of compliments on its looks. Have not seen another of these coupes on the road, although have seen the Infiniti G37 couple, which looks just about the same but costs about twice as much. This car is a very good value for the money. Car handles well, giving a sporty drive while keeping good road feel. Comfortable to drive. I am well satisfied with my first Nissan.

Favorite Features

Have come to appreciate the keyless ignition and the CVT. Tried using the alternate pseudo-manual transmission but it got me about 5 mpg less than CVT, which gives me about 30 mpg around town. Interior is simple, easy to understand and use.

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle information system is difficult to understand and owner's manual is no help at all. When it warned me that I had driven 3750 miles and needed my first oil change, I couldnt figure out how to turn off the warning.