2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Pathetic Fuel Economy

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Pathetic Fuel Economy
By Sorrybuyer on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my 4Runner thinking that I would get better fuel efficiency based on the advertised 23/31 mpg. It's giving a dismal 18 mpg in the city and a pathetic 20.5 mpg combined. And yes it is the 4 cylinder 2.5S. My 4Runner was giving me just a mile or two less with a 6 cylinder engine! Besides the poor fuel efficiency it's a decent car but if you are looking for better mileage, look elsewhere. My last Nissan purchase!

Favorite Features

Good styling, decent handling. Would have been nice to put tinted windows and climate control.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to learn about truth in advertising. Advertise 23 mpg and delivering 18 mpg is simply criminal. Learn how to develop a more fuel efficient engine.
By firephool
on 02/21/12 13:48 PM (PST)

Dear Sorrybuyer, The "Fuel Economy Ratings" are from the gov't. They can change based on vehicle CARE, and the Operator's Driving habbits. I suggest you do some research before you complain.

By firephool
on 02/21/12 13:49 PM (PST)