2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Overhyped Car - Too Much Noise

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

Overhyped Car - Too Much Noise/Vibration
By Jason on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I was in the market for a new car and after reading reviews and test driving a lot of cars, the Nissan Altima was my eventual choice. First the good - great power for a 4-cyl and great gas mileage. Interior is plain but functional. Very stylish. But now the bad. After 1 week of driving - A LOT of vibrations in the floor and pedals from the road. It is to the point now that my feet physically hurt if I operate the car for more than 20 minutes. According to 2 different Nissan mechanics, this is "perfectly normal" and "why the car is so cheap." I don't consider $24K to be cheap and I certainly don't expect any car to operate like this one. This purchase is a regrettable one for sure.

Gas mileage, excellent power of the 4-cyl. engine, styling

Better insulation to lots of vibrations and road/tire noise. There is just WAY too much of it and it truly affects the operation of the vehicle. This fact alone makes it, in my mind, far inferior to others in its class like the Fusion, Camry, and Accord. It amazes me how this car gets high marks.