Nice Car - 2010 Refesh in October
By James on
2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
I test drove this car, the Toyota Corolla S, and the Honda Accord Coupe. I liked the Altima the best because it was a bit smaller than the Accord, and felt a bit more sporty. Simplicity also comes to mind. The doors felt sturdy and the rear of the car is very attractive. I think the headlights need a bit more work though (needs to be more like the 370z). I wish there were LED tail lights as well. It would also be nice if there was a remote trunk release. My 1999 Nissan Maxima has folding side mirrors, so why is this feature NOT included on a 2009 4-cylinder model (it is standard on the V6 model)? Overall very nice car, but has the potential to squash the competition with some adjustments.
Favorite Features
CVT was smooth, and I liked the simplicity of the interior compared to the flight control layout of the Accord Coupe. Push button start is a nice high end feature. The car accelerated rather quickly. Best fuel efficiency in its class, which is very important to me. I recommend this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
In the northeast, heated side mirrors are a necessity. In addition, all models should come standard with traction and stability control as well as alloy wheels (all Accord Coupes come standard with 17-inch alloys). Parking in a garage for work, it would have been nice to have folding side mirrors.