2009 Nissan Altima 2.5L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Love It

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Love It
By Matt F on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned the car for just over two months now, and am completely satisfied with my purchase. Mixed highway and city driving gives 27-30 mpg (over 4000+ miles so far). The ride is smooth, the car is comfortable, and I love the way it looks and handles. Passengers have commented on how well it rides and how it looks. It is a quiet car even at highway speed. Another reviewer complained about the sound of the turn signal; I think it's so quiet I have to visually check to see that it's actually on. Keyless entry/push button start takes some adjustment, but is very convenient. Good A/C and stereo with the convenience package. Absolutely no doubts or regrets to this point.

Favorite Features

Love the back end design, love the interior. Much sportier to drive than the Camry in my opinion, and it seems to be a nicer interior. CVT takes a little getting used to, but is ultimately smoother than a traditional transmission, especially when needing power at highway speed.

Suggested Improvements

The rear view mirrors could be bigger; not unsafe by any means, but it would be nice to see more. Headroom for someone 6 feet or taller in the back might be an issue, but I don't have people in the back very often, so not a big problem. A little more lumbar support for driver would be preferable.