2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Liking My Altima

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

Liking My Altima
By Farkles on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am leasing an '09 after my '94 Camry finally broke down. I looked at Camry, the Aura and a slightly used Milan, but the Altima was more fun to drive, with lots of interior space and a more eye catching exterior. My Altima has been problem free and enjoyable from day one. It handles well, has easy controls, and gives some refinement along with fun.

I thought the push button start was just a nifty perk, but it has turned out to be something I really enjoy. The car has proven to be very comfortable on long drives, and I appreciate its handling. I love the exterior looks. CVT has been very cool. Back seat passengers have been happy.

The windshield wipers have an annoying click. The side view mirrors have some design issues - they are set in a fairly deep surround, and that contributes to water spotting. The windshield is very sloped and it is hard to tell where the front end of the car is when you are driving or parking.