2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Hard to Please Happy Driver

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Review

Hard to Please Happy Driver
By jmbduke on

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted to wait until the I had some time with the car before I gave my review. All i can say is that I really enjoy driving this car. The engine is sweet and quite responsive around town and on the highway. The gas mileage is where I though it would be (average 26 in mixed driving) and it has been increasing with each tank. No car is perfect, but the SL has all the features I was looking for at a price that did't leave me car poor at the end of the month. I test drove all the competition...Fusion, Accord, Camry, Malibu, Mazda6....and I kept coming back to the Altima. I'm glad I did.

Smooth acceleration, highway passing ability, steering wheel controls, leather/power driver seat, appearance/color (white/tan), instrument cluster, hands free fob (push button start, door unlock), resposnive control and steering, SL package, tail lights, room, cup olders, storage.

CVT takes getting used to. Under hard accel, the eng. stays in the higher RPM range longer so it revs lounder and longer which can be annoying. The SL package should have a power pass. seat which is too low and uncomfortable. Move the radio mute button to steering wheel. Bluetooth std. with SL.