Good car but unstable in winter
By arilling1 on
2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
As posted in separate message, my 2009 Altima has stability problems in winter and weighted conditions. Aside from this, it is rather decent car but the fear to drive in winter out-weighs any benefit. I would recommend not to buy due to safety concern.
Suggested Improvements
Make stable for winter conditions.
By nissanlover5
on 02/01/13 11:26 AM (PST)

I own a 2009 Nissan Altima...and am very surprised about some comments about it being horrible in the winter weather. I have not had any issues with that and also had a 2003 Nissan Altima and even thinks this does even better in the winter weather. If you are having problems I would say you probably need new tires, that is not a car issue.

By arthurcm
on 10/18/13 20:30 PM (PDT)

I agree with the review, very scary car to drive in the winter, i won't buy another

By msginny
on 01/20/14 10:27 AM (PST)

Mine got better with some rather expensive tires, but it's the worst car I've ever had in snow (and I've had plenty of similar cars). Traction control works well.

By notoaltima
on 02/13/14 10:01 AM (PST)

Worst car ever to drive in the snow!! Slightest amount of snow, or god forbid slush, and the back end is swaying all over the place regardless of your speed. I've never driven a car that handles that way - gotta experience it to believe it. Winter in upstate NY has been horrendous this year and this is my 3rd winter with this car. It will be the last. And before any comments about the obvious - the tires - we put 4 new tires on last fall in anticipation of winter. That was fruitless! After numerous near miss accidents on snow covered roads and the car suddenly beginning to shake one day we took it into the shop. Allegedly snow and ice had jammed up near the sway bar which causes the back end to lose control and Packed ice and snow way up near tires (not in wheel wells - had already cleaned that out numerous times) caused the shaking. We replaced front tires, moved front tires to back tires so I could drive it through 3 more snow events this week and then we're trading the damn thing in over the weekend.