Altimas are not reliable and Nissan does not support customers
By kathy90 on
2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
The air compressor clutch failed on my Altima with only 52,000 miles on it.The cost to repair it is $1000.00 and Nissan has refused to cover the cost of repair because they say that my car is "outside of its warranty parameters." Two reputable mechanics have informed me that it is unheard of for a car with such low mileage that has been impeccably maintained to have a air compression clutch failure.Nissan is not willing to look beyond the warranty parameters and see this as an ethical, good business, customer service issue.They are basically saying that even if the mechanics of the vehicle fall apart after the warranty period, Nissan will not stand by its vehicle.
By hugsxo
on 05/26/14 21:55 PM (PDT)

The air compressor clutch just failed on my 2010 Altima at 41,000 miles. This is after my transmission failed in March. Nissan did cover the cost of the transmission but with this new issue they say I'm not covered because my basic warranty is up. I definitely feel something is not right first the transmission now the air compressor so I was planning to call Nissan consumer affairs about the issue. When you say Nissan did not want to see beyond the warranty was that at the dealer or Nissan consumer affairs?

By kevtraf
on 08/08/14 19:46 PM (PDT)

My compressor went out at about 62K miles, also. The dealer didn't want to hear it, and a local mechanic quoted me about $1,000. Luckily O'Reilly's had a great price and warranty on a new compressor, and I have a mechanic in the family who helped replace it. I have had other mishaps with the dealer, though. My driver's door power lock actuator replace about a year ago (under warranty, surprisingly), and it broke again just recently, but the dealer won't cover it. Apparently 365 days is all a Nissan part is rated for these days. My battery also died (an 85k mile battery, died at 63k) and the dealer didn't want any part of that either, even though I'm the original owner and my car has well under 85k miles. Apparently the dealer I bought it from (different dealer) replaced the battery while it was on the lot, so that's my problem and it's not covered. My Altima's still kicking, and I love the car, but I won't be buying another Nissan...ever.