Altimas are not reliable and Nissan does not support customers
By kathy90 on
2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)
The air compressor clutch failed on my Altima with only 52,000 miles on it.The cost to repair it is $1000.00 and Nissan has refused to cover the cost of repair because they say that my car is "outside of its warranty parameters." Two reputable mechanics have informed me that it is unheard of for a car with such low mileage that has been impeccably maintained to have a air compression clutch failure.Nissan is not willing to look beyond the warranty parameters and see this as an ethical, good business, customer service issue.They are basically saying that even if the mechanics of the vehicle fall apart after the warranty period, Nissan will not stand by its vehicle.
By hugsxo
on 05/26/14 21:55 PM (PDT)

The air compressor clutch just failed on my 2010 Altima at 41,000 miles. This is after my transmission failed in March. Nissan did cover the cost of the transmission but with this new issue they say I'm not covered because my basic warranty is up. I definitely feel something is not right first the transmission now the air compressor so I was planning to call Nissan consumer affairs about the issue. When you say Nissan did not want to see beyond the warranty was that at the dealer or Nissan consumer affairs?