2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: A winner

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

A winner
By elvtars on

2009 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm what you could consider a hesitant buyer, someone who may spend a year researching and test driving vehicles before committing to buy. As a long- time Honda owner (I still own an Odyssey), the Accord was my initial favorite, but I've researched and test drove most of the competition as well. These are all excellent cars. While I cannot claim that the Altima is the better car, it had enough features I liked to win me over. I owned it for almost 3 months now and I am still excited every morning when I get into it. Since the Accord was my initial choice, I'm listing below the features of the Altima that won me over. What I liked in the competition is listed as suggested improvements.

Sporty handling, very smooth CVT, powerful 270 HP V6 engine, quiet interior, stylish yet friendly interior design, simple, easy to use central column controls, premium Bose stereo, included Bluetooth connectivity, smart key system, auto headlights, trip computer, comfortable seats, rear vents

Use regular fuel instead of premium, improve fuel mileage. Ride can be on the harsh side sometimes. Add power passenger seat, memory seats and mirrors, auto-dimming side mirrors. XM satellite radio should allow station presets and should operate from the steering wheel. Better exterior styling .