Used 2009 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

New Surprise
By G Peterson

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I own a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder that now has 125,000 miles. It is my baby that I love but since moving to SC from NJ I wanted a car with good mileage for our travels. While only owning the car for a few months I find it fun to drive, mileage is good and I love the way it handles. It is almost like a sports car. In two weeks it will be taken on a drive to Florida and I can't wait to get it on 95 where I can really see the mileage it gets. For a 4 cylinder its has great pick-up.

Favorite Features

The way it handles is my favorite aspect of the altima. For a 4 cylinder it really moves.

Suggested Improvements

Will let you know!

Good 4 Dr. Sedan Choice!
By ncgent

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Owned this car for just over 1 month, and I know I made the right choice. I had 23 choices: Accord, Camry or an Altima. I was looking at the 6 cyl. versions of these sedans. Nissan came through in quality of the interior over the Camry. The Honda had more road noise than the others. The Nissan was the most comfortable for me (6'1", 200#). The handling was superior in the Altima - it felt most in touch with the road. I thought I would not like the transmission, but I LOVE the CVT. No harsh shifting points. The CVT does make a noise when accelerate or shutting the engine down like a jet engine. The 10 year CVT warranty assured me it is ok. I do not hesitate to recommend it.

Favorite Features

BOSE, Bluetooth, heated seats, CVT, power there when needed w/3.5 motor.

Suggested Improvements

Add electric passenger seat.

Best made sedan built in Mississippi
By Rusty Wolsleger

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

No issues at all, great on MPG, Nashville to Jackson on a tank of gas! Comfort is great, compared to a old mans Camry, this is the car with style and reliability!

Favorite Features

This is the basic model which is all that I need as a single dad, fits 5 comfortable!

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo indeed!

Fun, stylish, but a few issues
By GM

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Car looks good and is fun to drive around. Had to get a recall taken care of before first oil change! Manual shifting can be fun. CVT seems smoother after first oil change. CVT seemed to be revving high sometimes. Heater takes too much time to shoot hot air out. Blows cold air and the auto feature stays on lowest fan setting until the heat kicks in. Also it always blows at your feet when on auto and the A/C is always on with auto. There is a leak with back tail light. Nissan ordered the part and it took a while to come in.

Favorite Features

Car looks great. Comfortable. Pricing isn't bad. key fob is cool and convenient. downshifting when going downhill is nice. Bose radio is decent. Instrument panel is designed nicely and easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Steering could be improved. Pulls on slight long turns. CVT trans should be smoother and not rev so high at times. CAr has loud wind noise with windows down. superloud. Water drips into car when windows are down and driving up hill if water on roof. Heater takes too much time to kick in!

Great Looking car-good in snow
By Jersey Driver

2009 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I currently have about 2k miles on the car. The Car handles excellent on the highway and in the city. It took a little while to get used to the brakes and the acceleration of the CVT. I recently drove in the snow storm of 2009. I had no problem keeping up with the snow plows. Handles great in rain, snow and icy roads.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, CVT engine, Keyless remote. Push button start. Fun to drive and great looking. Great pickup for a 4cyl.

Suggested Improvements

Improve Interior squeaks and rattles, Improve sound reduction. Seats need more thigh/lumbar support.Traction control should be standard. Replacement key should be less than $300. Work on highway wind noise reduction.